Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best moment from GTA series

• 19-11-2009 2:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭

Was just curious as to peoples opinion as to their
    best moments. Can be from any of the games,
    something in a cutscene or from gameplay.

Looking for funny, epic or anything that has
    stuck with you.

Mine was in San Andreas, being chased by one lone
    cop and just as he is about to catch me *BAM!*
    run down by a train.
    Brilliant :D

Apologies if this has been done before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Crikey, I remember making those signatures! Nice one on still keeping them going ;)

Anyway, oddly my favourite moment is just seeing the Vice City trailer... still sends shivers down my spine. I Ran, what a tune!

Other then that, it was probably the moment I realised there were different radio stations in GTA2. HEAD radio!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

GTA1 - GOURANGA!!!! Bumped into a Harri-Krishna once in England and ever time he said this I almost burst myself laughing.

GTA:SA - getting into the countryside after being trapped in the city for hours, it felt AMAZING. Far prefer burning round empty country roads than going through cities.

GTA4 - first time being drunk ingame and trying to get Roman back home. Involved a drunken brawl on a sidewalk, falling over several dozen times and a very blurry car chase with some cops.....so like a regular night in Dublin then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

The end credits in GTA 3 when the bird is just whittering on and you hear this gunshot and then silence. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

GTA VC:Getting the VCPD Chetta http://gta.wikia.com/VCPD_Cheetah and the Music
    GTA SA: Seeing Las Venturas and flying the huge plane.
    GTA 4 Nothing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,017 ✭✭✭✭Penn

GTAIII: Flying the Dodo to the hidden island thing behind Shoreside Vale.
    GTA:VC: Spent months trying to get 100%, stuck at 99%, even after buying a game guide with everything in it. Going through everything twice. One day, I was just messing round and hit the final Unique Stunt, even though I thought I'd done them all.

Also in GTA:VC, was doing the police missions in a Hunter, for whatever reason, after Level 12, they kept respawning in a lake, so most of the time I'd instantly win that level. The rest of the time, I pretty much just had to shoot once and it'd blow them up. Made billions in an hour and a half

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Crikey, I remember making those signatures! Nice one on still keeping them going ;)

Anyway, oddly my favourite moment is just seeing the Vice City trailer... still sends shivers down my spine. I Ran, what a tune!

Other then that, it was probably the moment I realised there were different radio stations in GTA2. HEAD radio!

Gotta agree with you there, i remember getting a games mag with a free dvd, turned in on and low and behold I Ran started to play...what a moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

GTAIII - The mission where you take the car from in front of the Italian restaurant, get it fitted with a car bomb then leave it back just in time for the owner to come back out and..........Boom!

The operatic music was playing in the background, just as the car exploded, Pavarotti hit the high note! :D
    The first really cinematic moment ive experienced in gaming. Classic.

Once I get my new laptop and can start gaming again, I'm digging Vice City out of the attic and giving it an outing. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I remember at one point at San Andreas there was this sea-side sidewalk down a hill from the road, a kind of like scenic route beside the bay.

Regardless I just kept shooting and beating people up. After a while I could hear a faint siren in the distance. It got closer and closer and eventually I looked up and an ambulance came flying over the hill, running over like 5 people in mid-air on the footpath and then bouncing off the pier into the sea.

I was in stiches for like 10 minutes :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

In GTA:IV, causing a traffic jam around a petrol station then ramming the car until it was just about to explode (very early on - had no weapons) and leaving it near a pump.

The chain reaction was brilliant, but as I was surveying my handiwork, a fire tender ran me over at full tilt and killed me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭WeWillBeReborn

GTA SA: Standing in the middle of the raised freeway near the tallest building, aimed at a passing motorcyclist and shot him off the bike and over the wall of the freeway and fell all the way to the ground. Couldn't even find his body :p

GTA SA: Accidentally dropping a bike from a height and seeing it land on a pedestrian, killing him

GTA IV: Jumping out of a speeding car on fire,, only for it to crask right as I jumped out. Car exploded while I was still rolling and propelled me into the park. Dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rumplestiltskin

Great memories guys!! I knew Vice city better than my hometown!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

GTA IV: Trying to get away from the cops I crash straight into them head on, 2 cops go flying out through their windscreen straight onto the bonnet of my car.:D

jd007 wrote: »
    GTA IV: Trying to get away from the cops I crash straight into them head on, 2 cops go flying out through their windscreen straight onto the bonnet of my car.:D

Actually, the first time in GTA IV I hit a lamppost or something and went flying through the windscreen was awesome. Totally unexpected, and rolling along the ground and being hit by a taxi (which killed me) was brilliant.

Also in GTA IV, after playing for a good few hours by this point, I stole someones car, and they grabbed onto the door as I started driving off. Dragging him around for a while before braking suddenly and watching him get thrown into the path of another car. The motion engine or whatever in that game is brilliant

Great memories guys!! I knew Vice city better than my hometown!!:D

Ditto.

Weirdly, too, as I had less things to do I enjoyed just driving around in the bus (you could do routes and pick people up at stops, $5 per passenger!), checking out the streets etc.

Good times!

Ditto.

Weirdly, too, as I had less things to do I enjoyed just driving around in the bus (you could do routes and pick people up at stops, $5 per passenger!), checking out the streets etc.

Good times!

Haha, forgot about doing that :D

Slightly off topic: I've only ever played the PC or Playstation versions. Has anyone ever played the PSP stuff and how does it compare?

Slightly off topic: I've only ever played the PC or Playstation versions. Has anyone ever played the PSP stuff and how does it compare?

I played Liberty City Stories. It was pretty good. Took a while to get used to the controls but still pretty enjoyable. Haven't played the others though

Back on-topic: Another great moment was the bank job missions in Vice City. Just the whole set-up and seeing everything coming together, and it really made Tommy Vercetti seem like a real badass. A joy to watch and play

Same idea tbh. Nothing too revolutionary or anything, but still enjoyable. Vice City Stories is a good re-visit to the city but the story isn't as compelling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

GTA VC: The scarface shootout ending against Lance and all the goons in the house.

GTA SA: The remake of the terminator chase when CJ and Big Smoke are being chased by a truck through a drain. Also the Oceans 11 style robbery in Las Venturas.

So many great moments!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

mle1324 wrote: »
    GTA VC:Getting the VCPD Chetta http://gta.wikia.com/VCPD_Cheetah and the Music
    GTA SA: Seeing Las Venturas and flying the huge plane.
    GTA 4 Nothing!

For GTA IV I thought I'd give the game some credit for being able to control the speed of cars unlike the other games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

All mine are from VC.
    The opening credits are brilliant.
    PCJ Playground was probably my favourite bit.
    Some of the vigenettes were brilliant especially the one where the lawyer's doing all the coke and is completely out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Ditto.

Good times!
    I din't know the buses served any purpose in the GTa series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I always thought GTA IV was my favourite GTA so far, Have to say though i cant remember ONE mission from it. Just shows how bland it was. GTA SA and GTA VC and Even GTA III just had so much soul about them. Its hard to describe. Now i know how the Top Gear gang feel when they are describing Alfa Romeos

ScumLord wrote: »
    I din't know the buses served any purpose in the GTa series.

I think they only did that in Vice City. I don't recall any other GTA installment doing that. It's a throw-back to the cabs in GTA2 when people would just jump in and pay for the amount of time they were inside, and just hop out at any point randomly.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

My all time favourite is the mission in GTA SA where you Drive up on into the back of a plane with a motor bike then when youve killed everybody in it jump out it takes about 10 minutes to get to the ground.And the GTA SA map the best ive ever played unforgottable!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Ditto.

Good times!

In what game is this in? I love driving round in the bus!

On topic, I always loved getting a hooker and then killing her to get my money back :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

In what game is this in? I love driving round in the bus!

You could pic up passengers in GTA VC put you wernt paid. In GTA I and GTA II AFAIK you were paid for picking them up

Hogzy wrote: »
    You could pic up passengers in GTA VC put you wernt paid. In GTA I and GTA II AFAIK you were paid for picking them up

You were paid $5 for most passengers. I think it was a bit buggy so sometimes you didn't get the money for each passenger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭malcolmplex

In Vice City Tommy goes into Kent Paul's(danny dyer) nightclub and Kent starts talking cockney slang to him to which Tommy replies 'What the hell are you on about?'(or words to that effect)Hilarious:D

Advertisement