Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

urgent directions needed!!!Ierne Sports and Social Club

Options
  • 19-11-2009 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

ok so i need to be here by 7pm this evening this is the address :

Ierne Sports and Social Club
    Grace Park Road, Drumcondra

and i'm getting the bus from the city centre any help is appreciated??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Google maps is what you need, put the address in and it will bring it up for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

but it just shows you how to get to it i cant figure out what bus to get me close to there or anything thats the problem???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There should be a little bus icon on the map and you mouse over it and it will tell you which bus it is.

Or use dublinbus.ie

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/?searchtype=stage_place&searchquery=Drumcondra

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

I don't know exactly where it is but a quick search on Google gave me a different address to yours (Richmond Rd, Drumcondra). If it's there, you can get a 3, 11, 11a, 13a, 16, 16a or 746 from outside the Carlton on O'Connell St and ask the driver to let you off at Fagans pub. Go 100m in the same direction as the bus, cross the canal and turn right and you're on Richmond road.

Alternatively if you're closer to the IFSC, go to Irish Life mall (opposite VHI on Talbot St) and get any 41 or 33 and they will take you the same route. Both routes should take about half an hour at rush hour.
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    There should be a little bus icon on the map and you mouse over it and it will tell you which bus it is

Those aren't always correct - I'd be very wary about trusting them.

ah brilliant thanks!!!!i hate google maps!!!lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

markpb wrote: »
    I don't know exactly where it is but a quick search on Google gave me a different address to yours (Richmond Rd, Drumcondra). If it's there, you can get a 3, 11, 11a, 13a, 16, 16a or 746 from outside the Carlton on O'Connell St and ask the driver to let you off at Fagans pub. Go 100m in the same direction as the bus, cross the canal and turn right and you're on Richmond road.

Alternatively if you're closer to the IFSC, go to Irish Life mall (opposite VHI) and get any 41 or 33 and they will take you the same route.

Those aren't always correct and don't always list all the buses you can get. I'd be very wary about trusting them.

Just to follow on from your directions, when walking up Richmond Road, you will have a football stadium on you right (Tolka Park), take the next left and it's not too far up that road. You'll walk past a block of red brick bungalows and the entrance is just after them.

Also, i would get off at the stop after Fagans pub which lets you off just after richmond road opposite the block of shops (Tesco, Abrakabbra etc.) There is a pedestiran crossing there and it's much handier to cross the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Get yourself as far as Tolka park on Richmond road, keep walking past the ground and take the first left after the green on to Grace park road. It just on the right hand side.

thanks guys so i think i know where im going now????lol hopefully anyway!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

flynnser19 wrote: »
    thanks guys so i think i know where im going now????lol hopefully anyway!!!

Allow extra time just in case you get lost. Also the traffic hasn't been great this week with the bad weather so maybe allow even more extra time. Also bring an umbrella, waterproof trousers and survival kit in case anything happens. Best of luck :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Depending on where you're coming from, the 123 bus might leave you closer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement