Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mt Sion - Lunchtime - Trouble makers

• 19-11-2009 3:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

I have encountered a troublesome bunch of school lads outside siopa ris shop on hennesys road.

Basically they seem to annoy locals. They have also trow a lot of sexual abuse towards my Gf and her friend.

I have stood up to them a couple of days ago but all it entails is a group of 20 jumping together.

The girls have been to the school on 2 occasions.

Anyone else encounter these lads?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

What was the schools response? Bring it to the attention of your local councilor if your not getting anywhere, and they should sort it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Keep annoying the school! They shouldnt be at this carry on on their lunch break.

I was heading into the book centre with my partner Wednesday 2 o clock ish and a guy proceeded to drop his pants and moon, Id say he was 16 to 18 and with a group of mates they were shouting obsenities about grabbing his ba*ls. To be honest I was totally and utterly disgusted at the behaviour and I would of liked to wrap the little bast7rds genetals around his neck! Disgusting for people passing in and out there with young kids they should not be subjected to that behaviour. The guy at the counter saw and just rolled his eyes. To be honest I really think the type of people that hang around the door of the book centre are off putting, that behaviour certainly was and it seems to be a right haunt for greasy emo`s that a good wash wouldnt go astray on.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭zeppe

Well some things never change.

I used to live on that road a few doors from Siopa Ris. I've moved a few years now but there's always been scum lurking around that shop. Sean(the owner) is a nice guy but he cant control them. They're f**kin animals.
    They were always knocking against my window and even threw in fireworks thru my post box once. I lost it a couple of times with them but they love when you do that and wind you up even more(I speak from experience). The old guy next door to me is virtually a prisoner in his own house at luchtimes, I feel sorry for him. The last few years I was living there I just avoided being in the area around lunchtime, it was just easier. Went to the school but the principal did nothing. Guards wont do anything either.
    I'll tell you one thing, I've spent a lot of time over in the US in the last few years and this would not be tolerated. What I would give to see these little self important p**cks back talking to a US marshall. They'd be manhandled and into the back of a squad car before they could say, "gis a fag, boy"...
    I'm really, really, really glad I got the f**k out of that area when I did.
    God bless the Deise countryside:D

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

I had a situation like this myself before. Despite people saying " ohhh go to the school ", " ignore it ". I gave their little " leader " a few flakes and never heard anything after.

Flyer1 wrote: »
    I had a situation like this myself before. Despite people saying " ohhh go to the school ", " ignore it ". I gave their little " leader " a few flakes and never heard anything after.

Im delighted you got a few digs in. I would of done the same meself only for all the witnesses up at the book centre. Have they nothing better to be doing?? Little sh*ts. If you touch them then you have the guards all over ya, a lot of them could do with a few good digs to straighten them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

... and in a few years they'll 'graduate' from this annoying disgusting behaviour to burglaries , grafitti, shoplifting, etc etc.

The law is way too soft on pr*cks like this and should be delt with before they get out of hand. Enough of the left wing do-gooders softly softly approach, bring back the stocks and rotten fruit

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

These people are scumbags, their parents have most likely never given out to them properly and/or they feel they are not getting enough attention from their parents and as such not feeling loved. Classic causes for such idiots.

Its text book cases infairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

smack the ring leader in the mouth. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Gently seanie avocating violence? Surely no :)

My advice continue to bother the school and threaten to go to wlr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

ziedth wrote: »

My advice continue to bother the school and threaten to go to wlr.
    in all fairness , what have wlr ever done. if your gonna go to the media , go national.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

joeduggan wrote: »
    in all fairness , what have wlr ever done. if your gonna go to the media , go national.
    I'm not for one second suggesting that wlr will solve problem but they are a local radio station and any school wont want their name dragged rightly through the mud by the behaviour of their scumbag pupils.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I've heard of a few occasions where giving the ring leaders a good slap in the gob usually shuts them up fairly quickly.. though its difficult to do in this day and age..

I even heard of one case a few years back where there were a group of lads giving one young lad who lived near the school an awful time.. one day as they were passing the young lads mother came out of the house grabbed the mouthy leader of the group by the neck and slapped him around until he was on the ground in tears... the rest were so shocked they just scattered.. The guy in question never said a word as he was so embarrassed by the young lads mother kicking the crap out of him.. they never touched her son again..

classic!!! :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

While that sounds great and all ToxicPaddy unfortunately these scumbags would likely report such an incident to the Gardai and their scumbag parents would likely back them up

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Cabaal wrote: »
    While that sounds great and all ToxicPaddy unfortunately these scumbags would likely report such an incident to the Gardai and their scumbag parents would likely back them up

Maybe so, but you'd be surprised what giving them a taste of their own medicine can do to these little thugs.. Makes them think twice before they start something..

But like I said in my post, its difficult to do in this day and age.

Tox

ziedth wrote: »
    And well I am. Noting more fun than slapping a mouthy little prat in the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Well what do u guys expect? Only the scum of Mt Sion hang around siopa ris.. Lads outside Poppin shop and Spar are much more decent.
    Theres a fella who used to touch young ones arses when they came by, but everyone else became pissed off at him and he doesnt bother anyone anymore..
    So just saying not everyone in Mt Sion are like those guys outside siopa ris.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭zeppe

Yup, couldnt agree more. Have lots of mates that went to Mount Sion. Sound heads all of them. As I said in an earlier post I think the shopkeeper should really put manners on them but he just lets them do what they want, i.e f**kin annoy and piss off everybody.
    I actually heard from a first year in De La Salle that the older scangers were charging the younger boys 20c admittance at the door to go into Siopa Ris.....

zeppe wrote: »
    Well some things never change.

I used to live on that road a few doors from Siopa Ris.
    are you <snip> by any chance?

Mod edit: Please refrain from using personal names with prior permission

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

joeduggan wrote: »

Ireland has enouhgh on its hands with the recession. Go international instead

Ireland has enouhgh on its hands with the recession. Go international instead
    thats what we like to see, a bit of common sense.

Isnt mc donagh near there somewhere? Wanna rob the sign and put it up in me room.dont have a car so one of ye could be handy for ladder duty.:)

• Advertisement

zeppe wrote: »
    Yup, couldnt agree more. Have lots of mates that went to Mount Sion. Sound heads all of them. As I said in an earlier post I think the shopkeeper should really put manners on them but he just lets them do what they want, i.e f**kin annoy and piss off everybody.
    I actually heard from a first year in De La Salle that the older scangers were charging the younger boys 20c admittance at the door to go into Siopa Ris.....

Yea they might come up with a joke like that. What usually happens is they ask for 20c and then let u in for nothin :D maybe that time they did ask for money :)
    They need it I would imagine, at the rate they tuck their trousers into their socks they need a new pair every week :rolleyes: ;)

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Yea they might come up with a joke like that. What usually happens is they ask for 20c and then let u in for nothin :D maybe that time they did ask for money :)
    They need it I would imagine, at the rate they tuck their trousers into their socks they need a new pair every week :rolleyes: ;)
    that tucking the trousers into the socks thing is a strange one. Cant figure it out. Looks stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

seanybiker wrote: »
    that tucking the trousers into the socks thing is a strange one. Cant figure it out. Looks stupid.

So is wearing of the hood on a hoodie up! Even more so when they wear it behind their ears. Jesus!!

gscully wrote: »
    So is wearing of the hood on a hoodie up! Even more so when they wear it behind their ears. Jesus!!
    I dont really mind the hoodies meself. Behind the ears sounds a bit mental.

gscully wrote: »

I tried that once.. Not comfortable at all really, hoodie half way up your head keeps falling off..
    knacker culture rofl :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

subz3r0 wrote: »
    I tried that once.. Not comfortable at all really, hoodie half way up your head keeps falling off..
    knacker culture rofl :rolleyes:

No I think its the hood is up but the sides of the hood are tucked behind the ears.

No I think its the hood is up but the sides of the hood are tucked behind the ears.

WTF? Thats just weird.. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Slapping the ring leader maybe a good idea , and may work if you have the size/skills to back it up, However now a days you are more likely to be jumped on by the rest of them than be sued.

Just one thing I don't know the shop or the area but please lets not paint all pupils with the same brush as a certain shopping centre in town already does ,the way pupils are treated in that centre is just wrong . They are all treated as criminals the minute they walk in the door and are barred/asked to leave if they are in any sort of uniform ,

If you treat someone as a criminal and low life without reason don't be surprised with the responses you get.

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Slapping the ring leader maybe a good idea , and may work if you have the size/skills to back it up, However now a days you are more likely to be jumped on by the rest of them than be sued.

Just one thing I don't know the shop or the area but please lets not paint all pupils with the same brush as a certain shopping centre in town already does ,the way pupils are treated in that centre is just wrong . They are all treated as criminals the minute they walk in the door and are barred/asked to leave if they are in any sort of uniform ,

If you treat someone as a criminal and low life without reason don't be surprised with the responses you get.

A lot of them unfortunatley from that school are criminals. I can totally see why shopkeepers up there are on edge when they see them coming down at lunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

in the interests of science I'm just trying this out while sitting at my pooter and I have to say it does make the music sound a little clearer than if my ears are inside the hood :D

Advertisement