Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trappatoni press conference LIVE NOW

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Just a test screen and a high pitched sound at the moment....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

It'll be on On BBC News

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,517 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Rockee wrote: »

I tuned in for the press conference and got treated to Aphex Twins greatest hits instead.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Silenced by FIFA perhaps :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Could be Liam Brady.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Here we go now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

wheres the volume?

- faulty headphones, my bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Is the semi hot Italian translator there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

on now

Mezcita wrote: »

yes

96468.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I love the man, but my god he is hard to comprehend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭mathie

Mezcita wrote: »

Camoranesi you mean?

He's babbling on too much.

"How do FIFA select referees?"

Get to the bones of the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

draffodx wrote: »
    yes

She could translate my pigeon Italian any day.

Bonjour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Says he knows the game cannot be replayed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

im disappointed with trap so far

its like he's just lying down and letting fifa walk all over him

He's a pragmatic guy, comes with experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I don't know what he is talking about at all. He should let the semi hot translator do all the talking.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Headshot wrote: »

Agreed.

He is not talking about the game.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Agreed.

He is not talking about the game.
    RTE Radio are saying the FAI want a rematch! Manager and employers not talking together!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It is never going to be replayed. He is taking the high road in fairness.

Sometimes Irish reporters are just emabressing, that Robbie Fowler question (story) was cringeworthy.

RTE Radio are saying the FAI want a rematch! Manager and employers not talking together!

He's not saying he doesn't want a rematch, he's saying that he knows FIFA will not allow a replay

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

What do you want him to do? Rant on about injustice like some demented madman and perhaps have referees/UEFA/FIFA be less favourable to them than they otherwise would have been?

There is NOTHING he can do about it. I'm not listening as I can't in work, but I assume he is saying that he is disappointed and frustrated, etc etc?

5starpool wrote: »
    What do you want him to do? Rant on about injustice like some demented madman and perhaps have referees/UEFA/FIFA be less favourable to them than they otherwise would have been?

There is NOTHING he can do about it. I'm not listening as I can't in work, but I assume he is saying that he is disappointed and frustrated, etc etc?

no I wanted him to repeat what liam said today

he doesnt blame le cheat either which im cross about

The mic they have beside the reporters is feckin terrible. Can't make out a single question being asked.

I assume he is saying that he is disappointed and frustrated, etc etc?

Yep, pretty much and saying something has to be done to make sure it doesn't happen again in the future and that countries like Ireland need to be given as fair a chance as more financially profitable countries.

Stupid reporters asking the same question again has got him angry :D

Xavi6 wrote: »
    The mic they have beside the reporters is feckin terrible. Can't make out a single question being asked.

They don't have mics beside reporters, that is rarely done at any press conference.

Sucks alright, but there you go.

Trap was asked if he thinks its worth trying to get it replayed.

Trap said he can't ask this as he knows it's impossible.

What's with the fuckin buzzing?! Had the volume up full on the laptop and nearly lost an ear drum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

'tis over now.

I think he was pretty admirable in his stance (although his English did him no favours).

It is impossible, a rule change is needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

I found that press conference very difficult to listen to, I know that his English isnt perfect but he was kinda babbling on a bit! I was expecting him to come out at that conference like a rabbit out of a Trap (pun intended.) :p

I found that press conference very difficult to listen to, I know that his English isnt perfect but he was kinda babbling on a bit! I was expecting him to come out at that conference like a rabbit out of a Trap (pun intended.) :p

He's Italian, they always babble on a bit no matter what language they are talking in.

FAI chancing their arm officially requesting to have the match replayed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I thought he was very good. He's realistic and honest. He knows the game won't be replayed, but he does think that the rules need to be changed.

Never an easy press conference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

FAI chancing their arm officially requesting to have the match replayed.

please tell me they aren't?!:o

mortifying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Mr Alan wrote: »

mortifying.

Thank god they are putting Fifa on the spot.

mortifying.

**** off

if this was liverpool it be a different story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,465 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

mortifying.
    Politically, I think it is a great move (if it is happening).

No chance of it coming off, but it puts the FFR and FIFA in the position of officially having to defend and endorse a result of outright and clear cheating in order for it not to happen. At least it puts pressure on FIFA for an actual response other than a long winded 'no comment'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

mortifying.

How is it mortifying? That the football association of a country who have got shafted for the past couple of months are finally making a stand against the favouritism shown to the larger nations. B0llocks is what it is. B0LLOCKS!

• Advertisement

Politically, I think it is a great move (if it is happening).

I think it's the right move too. Don't force the issue too much, but do just enough to keep it in people's minds and generate global sympathy for us. We might be able to use that sympathy then to leverage for more power and fairness in the world stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

mortifying.

According to Sky Sports News they have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

**** off

if this was liverpool it be a different story

the idea of a game being replayed because of 1 poor call by the ref is laughable.

especially when the french no doubt feel they had a stone wall penalty rejected (there was contact).

if it was Liverpool, i'd say the exact same thing....did you see me calling for a replay after the beachball incident at Sunderland which was a far worse error by the ref.? no.

refs make mistakes, players do what they can to seek an advantage. get over it to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

....did you see me calling for a replay after the beachball incident at Sunderland which was a far worse error by the ref.? no.

picard_riker_facepalms.jpg

the idea of a game being replayed because of 1 poor call by the ref is laughable.

especially when the french no doubt feel they had a stone wall penalty rejected (there was contact).

if it was Liverpool, i'd say the exact same thing....did you see me calling for a replay after the beachball incident at Sunderland which was a far worse error by the ref.? no.

refs make mistakes, players do what they can to seek an advantage. get over it to be honest.

And more to the point Liverpool FC didn't call for a replay either despite some media reports saying that they may have had a case.

Ireland don't have a case so an official request for a replay is only to satisfy the masses that they are 'doing something'. Populist move by John Delaney imo.

thats truely laughable

Aidric beat me to the face palm pic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

It's admirable that Trap tries to speak English in press conferences, and in fairness he gives it a better go than Staunton, but I think he needs to leave it up to Ms. Spinelli to do the talking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Would like to heard FIFA answer his question about Ireland been the only so called non seeds in the play offs that where away from home in the second leg . How and Why did this happen ?(Sorry did not see the draw at the time )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

because anelka kicked out at given

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    How is it mortifying? That the football association of a country who have got shafted for the past couple of months are finally making a stand against the favouritism shown to the larger nations. B0llocks is what it is. B0LLOCKS!

Awwwwwwww. The poor small nation. ->

Jesus lads you sound ridiculous.
    For the umpteenth time, all qualifying rounds were going to be seeded.

Yesterday was horrible and I was gutted too but it is part of the game and could have happened to any other team/country. Get fkn over it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement