Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trappatoni press conference LIVE NOW

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Would like to heard FIFA answer his question about Ireland been the only so called non seeds in the play offs that where away from home in the second leg . How and Why did this happen ?(Sorry did not see the draw at the time )

Is the unfortunate answer to this question just that its the way the draw panned out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Mr Alan wrote: »
    (there was contact)

Yes, but he'd already decided to take a dive at that point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

noodler wrote: »
    Is the unfortunate answer to this question just that its the way the draw panned out?

I guess they must have had a separate draw for who plays home first after the 'real' draw. Or something along the lines.

But then you would think the manager of a participating nation would know what happened and why.
    Did he really ask that question? And is it really not transparent how this came about?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Would like to heard FIFA answer his question about Ireland been the only so called non seeds in the play offs that where away from home in the second leg . How and Why did this happen ?(Sorry did not see the draw at the time )

The conspiracy theories are getting madder. This is the way the draw panned out. The draw, once it was confirmed it would be seeded would be drawn to indicate the tie first and then which team would play at home first.

EDit: if this was just a curiousity question by you and not a conspiracy theory, ignore that bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Mr Alan wrote: »
    the idea of a game being replayed because of 1 poor call by the ref is laughable.

especially when the french no doubt feel they had a stone wall penalty rejected (there was contact).

if it was Liverpool, i'd say the exact same thing....did you see me calling for a replay after the beachball incident at Sunderland which was a far worse error by the ref.? no.

refs make mistakes, players do what they can to seek an advantage. get over it to be honest.

Ah ffs, even the FIFA website says that the ref made the correct decision there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

5starpool wrote: »
    The conspiracy theories are getting madder. This is the way the draw panned out. The draw, once it was confirmed it would be seeded would be drawn to indicate the tie first and then which team would play at home first.

EDit: if this was just a curiousity question by you and not a conspiracy theory, ignore that bit.

As stated did not see the draw , And did not know the format of the draw. yes its was a bit of a curiousity question on my part ,, But I must say I was more/very curious as to why Trappatoni was asking the question in the First place .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

As stated did not see the draw , And did not know the format of the draw. yes its was a bit of a curiousity question on my part ,, But I must say I was more/very curious as to why Trappatoni was asking the question in the First place .

Italian football is notorious for corruption, so he's bound to be a bit paranoid I guess. I didn't see the big deal in play home/away second tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Disappointed with Trap. Hes diluting the argument by going on about referee selection and extra time in play offs. They aren't necessarily the issue, and its making out that we are just giving out about everything.

He should have been more focussed in his criticism.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

think trap was reading my tweets

"Here's another thing I don't understand - we get 90 minutes at home and so do they - but the next 30 minutes they get home advantage. about 21 hours ago from web"

It something I have never quite understood.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

mayordenis wrote: »
    think trap was reading my tweets

"Here's another thing I don't understand - we get 90 minutes at home and so do they - but the next 30 minutes they get home advantage. about 21 hours ago from web"

It something I have never quite understood.

well it obviously wasnt such a big advantage if they couldnt finish off the tie in 90 mins

Advertisement