Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

land/lakes

• 19-11-2009 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Anyone with cattle still out?
    No shortage of water anyway...
    If ye need the loan of a boat, gimme a shout!

Im seeing floods where i never seen water before.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

was heading off to work wed morning only to discover the last section of our driveway was washed away..literally. old tar and chip road been there for 20 years or more thru all sorts of weather..gone in 1 night, big lumps of it inside in field..i keep hearing the "experts" on about wetter winters and warmer summers, wonder when the warm summers will arrive :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭F.D

Floods everywhere around us, a river at the bottom of our land overflowed the other night cover many acres under water, one thing i notice is how blocked up and overgrown the rivers and drains are now, think this causes a lot of the problems even found rubbish and light bulbs out in the middle of the field when it receeded, no doubt it is under water again today, also the even up on hills where i thought it would be less likley to get mucked up feeding out some cattle it has turned into pure slop you'd imagine the water would flow off them quick enough, obviously not!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

was nice to see someone call time on paddy o keefe,s ( of the farmers journal) bull**** about climate change being a load of coblers and thier being no proof , someone in the letters to the editor page gave him both barrells this week , about time too , it was getting tedious not to mention silly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

dryan wrote: »

Our neighbor has about 20 Sucklers out and they're not even poaching the fields, they're great free draining hills just able for 4WD for slurrry etc... Our lower fields on the other hand are submerged and will be off limits until April/May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I still have all my cattle out they have enough grass for another month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

went to get my dry cows in today i got stuck in the mud and they all doubled back past me :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭westwicklow

whelan1 wrote: »
    went to get my dry cows in today i got stuck in the mud and they all doubled back past me :eek:

It's the way you tell 'em!!! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Sam Kade wrote: »
    I still have all my cattle out they have enough grass for another month.
    ....so what part of California do you live in.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

bbam wrote: »
    Our neighbor has about 20 Sucklers out and they're not even poaching the fields, they're great free draining hills just able for 4WD for slurrry etc... Our lower fields on the other hand are submerged and will be off limits until April/May.

a farm not far from where i live sold for 12 k an acre last week , a freak of a farm , driest in the country , dry land is invaluable with the way the weather has gone this past number of years , you simply cannot have enough of it and it is worth double what heavy land is worth paying for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

dryan wrote: »
    No shortage of water anyway...
    If ye need the loan of a boat, gimme a shout!

Im seeing floods where i never seen water before.

That line highlighted above above reminded me of a song I saw on youtube recently - The song name really sums the weather; "The truck got stuck" by Corb Lund
    The truck got stuck

and if you get a chance listen to this song as well - anyone working on machinery or in agriculture HAS to know someone like this
    Good man for the job

• Advertisement
Advertisement