Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to get 6x4 prints with a postcerd backing?

• 19-11-2009 4:06pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm lookint to get 6x4 prints that have a postcerd backing (y'know...with a line down the middle and a little square in the top right corner).
    There was a free standing machine in a shop on Aungier St. that would pop them out like that but they have changed their paper.
    I've rang a few places but not much joy.
    Does anyone know of anywhere that definately does it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I was going to suggest printed easy or moo but if you need them in a hurry sorry. Have you tried some of the bigger Boots stores or snap printing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Thanks Trish, yeah I'm looking for them quickly. haven't tried Boots but last time I did use them they were rather dear in comparison to the machine I was using.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

The standalone instant machine in Tescos, (Greystones) do them as a postcard but probably more expensive than what you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I use the Boots machines and the 4x6 pictures don't have a line, but are rigid and more or less tarnish proof, for postal use.

If you're in Dublin, the machines situated in the Boots, St Stephens Green Shopping Center, are quiet, rarely left waiting to use them, down at the back, near the chemist, the plus being their machines accept USB sticks too.

I've found the zoom edits problematic on the Dunnes and Tesco machines, the Boots ones have controls to override and make settings totally manual.

Thanks I'll try the stand alone ones again and may even take a trip out to Greystones if no joy nearer the city. They work out around 25c which's ok.
    Boots were charging around 50c last time I was in there which is rather pricey when getting a lot done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

you can just post a photo as long as it has an address and stamp on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭WheresMyCamera?

I have one of those Canon Selphy dye sub printers. They do that sort of thing, only problem is I have none of the paper/ink set left. If you want to buy a pack (I think it's around the €15 mark for 36 prints, more expensive I know) I'll get you the printer. All depends on how many you need done really. (This sort of thing)
    :)

you can just post a photo as long as it has an address and stamp on it!

Well yeah but it's not what I'm looking for, I kinda would have asked a different question at the start of the thread if that's what I wanted to do.

Thanks WhereMy but I've already got one, a Selphy...eh...20. It only does postcard sizes and I've found it hard to find the correct paper for it and it does work out dearer and not as good as the machine.

Advertisement