Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ASOS Sizes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

I'd the same problem last night, I was ordering dresses, I'm an 8-10 & after reading review and review and comment after comment on the net they run small was what they all said. Bascially if you were an 8, you'd get into it but it would be skin tight and no where to put your boobs!! So I went with 10's. Tho I do remember seeing ppl here saying they ran big, but that was always in shirts and things I saw, for the dresses they all say small if you google search it.

BTW, I prefer the first dress :D It looks way more versatile to me, I'd wear it with almost half of my wardrobe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

I've found Asos sizes to be on the big side alright. I'm usually an 8-10, i bought a bustier type top there recently and bought the 10 (to account for boobage) and it's waaay to big and gapey.

Anything i've bought from the Asos own brand range has been bigger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Yeah Im thinking the 1st one too, Might be slightly more forgiving on certain areas. And I think the silver one has a bit too much going on. Neither are my style at all. Usually have a passionate hatred for all things sparkly but I want something a little bright for my bday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

lol god your like me!! :D

2nd one is just too clingy and sparkley for my liking, where as the first one has just enough sparkle with out making one move like a disco ball, I'd def wear the first one! I have a plain black one like it, I just stick a nice fancy brassy coloured buckled, thick banded waist belt on it, dark black tights and massive high heeles shoe/boot thingies (the one below the ankle..... not in very thinking state of mind here). It's a comfy outfit and gets me through the day lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭sogg

Huge HUGE asos fan and I'd always go for the 10 - sizes run pretty consistent there unlike some shops which is handy! I'd be 10-12 as well depending where I was buying, but always asos 10!

have to be different....definately prefer the second one!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

i have found asos sizes to run big for sure...
    i like both dresses, like yourself, they are not my style but it's so nice to sparkle for your birthday night out!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Love the second one. I've found with Asos that some can be huge and some quite tight. Unfortunately there's that element of uncertainty with ordering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭greenkittie

Yep ASOS sizes are massive in the dresses especially. I'm usually size 8-10, kept buying size 8 dresses and having to send them back for the 6 (ive never needed a 6 in any other shop). Now I just buy the 6 and its always a good fit.

Advertisement