Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notice Required to be let go

Options
  • 19-11-2009 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone answer me this, I think Im going to be let go in February 2010. I just want to know by law how much notice is required as I havent been told anything yet, in the job 9 months and on a permanent salary contract.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Buffman

From here:

The amount of notice you are entitled to by law will depend on how long you have been working for your employer.
    Duration of employment- Minimum Notice
    13 weeks to 2 years- 1 week
    2 years to 5 years- 2 weeks
    5 years to 10 years- 4 weeks
    10 years to 15 years- 6 weeks
    15 years or more- 8 weeks

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

The above is if you have no written contract, or if no notice period is specified in your contract. Unfortunately they don't have to pay you redundancy though as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

You are only due one weeks notice. You can be let go anytime within the first two years with a weeks notice, or on the spot with a weeks wages paid in lieu.

These are your statutory rights and they stand unless you have a contract which says different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

eoin wrote: »
    The above is if you have no written contract, or if no notice period is specified in your contract. Unfortunately they don't have to pay you redundancy though as far as I know.

Not entitled to redundancy either

Advertisement