Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Parking - Dublin

• 19-11-2009 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

It starts today according to the news. There isn't much info on Council website, only a map. Is it free all day?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

According to AA Roadwatch,
    From Thursday 19th November, On-Street Parking Charges in Dublin City Centre will be suspended in a designated retail zone, after 2pm every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Approximately 1,380 on street car parking spaces will be available for free at these times until Sunday 27th December.

Map here:
    http://www.transportfordublin.ie/news/dublin-city-free-christmas-on-street-parking/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Oh ok. So I can't go out on the razz tonight and leave my car there till tomorrow afternoon :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

cool idea,hopefully the clampers will lose out on ehh... business;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I don't know what difference it will make to Xmas shopping but those streets are always packed for parking by office workers every day. Only benefit would be in the evenings. Its also very condensed area, wouldn't fancy cruising around looking for a space in the mad traffic!!

Still puzzled why Pearse st and side streets are not included, it could help stopping more cars going into the city centre from that direction.

Advertisement