Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flood Warning from AA Road watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Thats very dangerous place to have water lying... Bad drainage indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Can anyone confirm if any water has been turnied off in the southside at the moment .?

Tnx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Stargate wrote: »
    Can anyone confirmn any water turning off southside at the moment .?

Tnx

By Collage Rd and still have water, not sure aboout Togher

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

so did the water go out in ballincollig yet?

No thankfully.Not yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Ballinlough/Douglas area have no water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,700 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

On the corner of summerhill south and douglas st and have no water either. also saw the lightning.

Damn , its pretty bad out there now !!!!!!

Big trees swaying bigtime and its Lashing :eek:

Stargate wrote: »
    Damn , its pretty bad out there now !!!!!!

Big trees swaying bigtime and its Lashing :eek:
    It's after quietening a bit here and no lighting since...

By Collage Rd and still have water, not sure aboout Togher

Tnx Dare_2_defy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

There was bad lightining down Ringaskiddy direction bout a hour ago. Is this **** ever gonna end

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 richie is200

anyone know anything about the water being turned off in cork city for a week?
    its supposed to be getting turned off at 10 tonight all over and staying off for at least a week.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

JimBob85 wrote: »
    There was bad lightining down Ringaskiddy direction bout a hour ago. Is this **** ever gonna end

Probably, but it will be back according to some experts on global warming!

its supposed to be getting turned off at 10 tonight all over and staying off for at least a week.

Are you f'n kidding me!!! A week?!? Well, it's gone 10 here and I still have water

Hopefully, Mad isn't it??

Well heres the latest update.
    <H3>Council declares civic emergency in Cork

Saturday, November 21, 2009 - 06:38 PM

A civic emergency has been declared in Cork after it emerged that the water supply to tens of thousands of people won't be turned back on until next weekend at the earliest.

A major treatment plant which feeds the city's northside and Douglas suburb remains submerged under several metres of water.

Schools in affected areas have been told they will have to remain closed, while there's growing concern over the risk to public health posed by a lack of sanitation.

Cork's Lord Mayor, Darragh Murphy, hopes the southside neighbours of those affected will come to their aid.

Gardaí are appealing to the elderly living on Cork's northside who can't get access to drinking water to contact them.

A team of community gardaí is delivering bottled water to housebound residents affected by the flood damage to the city's domestic supply.

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/council-declares-civic-emergency-in-cork-435282.html#ixzz0XXK9Yi5d

</H3>

Are you f'n kidding me!!! A week?!? Well, it's gone 10 here and I still have water

Hopefully, Mad isn't it??

yeah i still have it also,
    i know some parts of the city like the northside are without water for at least a week and they have tankers full of water at various places,
    but im wondering will it happen to the southside,
    i also still have water.

I assume it depends on what area your in but those without it now wont have it back until next weekend at the earliest.

Well heres the latest update.
    </H3>

thanks i saw that a while ago,
    so its only the northside and douglas so?

thanks i saw that a while ago,
    so its only the northside and douglas so?

Apparently, but if your living in a area thats not affected your best to stock up on water anyway. just incase like

Apparently, but if your living in a area thats not affected your best to stock up on water anyway. just incase like

thanks,
    things just keep getting worse and worse:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Nic'name

My friend just text to say the water is going to be turned off in Mahon soon, any updates? I'm in Blackrock around the corner. Our water is quite dark. Does anyone have any recommendation of a good news site for flood updates? City council seems to be daily updates only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Nic'name wrote: »
    . Does anyone have any recommendation of a good news site for flood updates?

Laura Mcgonigle/ is doing a great job of updating her site with information.

deRanged wrote: »
    Laura Mcgonigle/ is doing a great job of updating her site with information.
    Nice pic also on the homepage ;)

Nic'name wrote: »
    My friend just text to say the water is going to be turned off in Mahon soon, any updates? I'm in Blackrock around the corner. Our water is quite dark. Does anyone have any recommendation of a good news site for flood updates? City council seems to be daily updates only.

from what i heard its getting turned off tonight and there will be a water tanker outside the community centre by the redcove in mahon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My cousin just txted my mum again and told her its going to be turned off at 7 tomorrow morning now out here in ballincollig and it'll be back wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

fyi, waters still running in the Maryborough area of Douglas although I got a call from my sister a while ago saying its expected to be turned off very soon. Had my last shower for the week now.

Lads dont belive any of the rumours yere hearing. Wait till theres something offical. But stock up on water now while ye still have it.

Better to be looking at it than looking for it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Oh i hear you; we've filled every container we can find along with the bathtub!

Lads dont belive any of the rumours yere hearing. Wait till theres something offical. But stock up on water now while ye still have it.

Better to be looking at it than looking for it

yeah,there is some unbelievable bull**** ive been hearing in the last hour,
    someone told me that the water all over cork is gettin turned off for 2 months,:D

Just on 96fm there, all the rumours are false.

If you have a water supply, it won't be cut off. Forget the rumours on Ballincollig, there false as well. Yer man PJ Coogan asked some main fella in Ballincollig about it, he said Ballincollig has it's own water supply and it wont be cut off

• Advertisement

yeah,there is some unbelievable bull**** ive been hearing in the last hour,
    someone told me that the water all over cork is gettin turned off for 2 months,:D

Well the water in Galway was on supposed to be unsafe for a week and its been about 3 years now

Advertisement