Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flood Warning from AA Road watch

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

JohnK wrote: »
    Oh i hear you; we've filled every container we can find along with the bathtub!

lol

My saucepans and bin are filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Just on 96fm there, all the rumours are false.

If you have a water supply, it won't be cut off. Forget the rumours on Ballincollig, there false as well. Yer man PJ Coogan asked some main fella in Ballincollig about it, he said Ballincollig has it's own water supply and it wont be cut off
    I really hope thats true but I'm remaining sceptical until I see running water tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

I really hope thats true but I'm remaining sceptical until I see running water tomorrow night.

yea belive nothing. Just be prepared.

BTW this is the busiest ive ever seen the Cork forum..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭mmafan81

I'm in Ballinlough and theres no running water....i smell

its like im back in asia flushing the toilet with buckets of water

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

JimBob85 wrote:
    BTW this is the busiest ive ever seen the Cork forum..
    Indeed. We should have a beers night. We have them often but only small crowd. Maybe more now :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

mmafan81 wrote: »

Baby wipes are a good alternative to a shower for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

mmafan81 wrote: »

I'm within walking distance of u at the mo and thankfully things are ok here, couldn't imagine being without water for the week, talk about things being awkward..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Saltour Sossiez

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Indeed. We should have a beers night. We have them often but only small crowd. Maybe more now :pac:

There might be more but a lot of them will smell terrible. You might even get cholera from one of them. :p

There might be more but a lot of them will smell terrible. You might even get cholera from one of them. :p
    I'll offer my shower and ye can repay me with alcohol

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

While in the shower? ;)

While in the shower? ;)
    I heard drinking a cool bottle in a warm shower is actually quite pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Cllr. Laura McGonigle has posted about the water on boards.ie

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63126508#post63126508

She claims that all the water going off is rumours! I'm just posting here incase anyone has missed it over in the other forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

My heart goes out to ye guys sown there. Charlie hit us years ago & the Dargle burst her banks - sheer destruction. I may get into trouble but dont know where to post this. If there is anything I can do for anyone just let me know - I no longer work but if anyone needs any advice on how to even start an insurance claim just PM me. Many people dont even know the basics so If I can help in any way I will. ( Im a loss assessor)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

You can't beat a nice HOT shower on a cold damp Sunday morning.

Life is good in Carrigaline. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Bumble32 wrote: »

Ya but you still have to live in carrigaline, id rather no water for a few days tbh :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Bumble32 wrote: »

Tad insensitive, just a tad :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Tad insensitive, just a tad :rolleyes:

Agreed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is western road,maradyke,washinton street and the area around jurys still flooded?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Is western road,maradyke,washinton street and the area around jurys still flooded?

AA roadwatch update!

*CORK* • Park Rd in Mallow is closed. • Approx 2km north of Mallow off the N20, the Hospital Cross Rd to Lisgriffin Rd is impassable. • The Inniscarra Bridge is impassable on the Inniscarra Rd (R618). • Only way to Blarney from Ballincollig is via JLT or Coachford, the Collatanavalley (R579) and Woodside Rds (R579) are impassable. *CORK CITY* • Carrigrohane Straight Rd and Lee Rd are closed. A one-way system is in place northbound from Wellington Bridge to Shanakiel. Southbound, divert onto North Mall. • Lee Mount Cross is closed from the Anglers Rest Pub possibly until Tues.

I think its gone down - it went down yesterday, don't think it has come back up anywhere near the level it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

Lee rd from Leemount to Kerry Pike passable.Blocked @ Mt Desert.If things stay as they are Leemount to Coachford should be ok.Still a small patch past Inniscarra bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 CrazyPants

Does anyone know if the Gate Multiplex is closed cause of the flooding as I want to go into see 2012 on Tuesday

CrazyPants wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Gate Multiplex is closed cause of the flooding as I want to go into see 2012 on Tuesday

AFAIK its open, nothing on the website about it being closed!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I rang jury on the western road and they said the road was'nt flooded anymore so I guess I can start going back to the gym tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kobek

The Western Road is okay, Mardyke as well just came back from the City Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

I rang jury on the western road and they said the road was'nt flooded anymore so I guess I can start going back to the gym tomorrow.

Damn, O bearer of bad news !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

CrazyPants wrote: »
    Havnt you just seen it for real over the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Anyone have any idea whether or not the Mercy is back up and running? I've to go in on Friday and I'm presuming it should be ok. I'll be giving them a call tomorrow anyway but I thought I'd post here first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Looking at http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1204/weather.html , another flood warning is issued for Cork City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Looking at http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1204/weather.html , another flood warning is issued for Cork City

Any update?

Advertisement