Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting rid of eye wrinkles (even temporarily)

• 19-11-2009 5:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

I am only 30, but already I have quite bad wrinkles around my eyes. Now I know there are no miracle cures, but as the problem gets worse when I'm tired, I'm just wondering if there are any products that give a temporary 'lift'. My skin feels quite dry at the moment and the skin around my eyes seems a little 'crepey' so I'm not interested in those polyfiller type products! I have a couple of parties coming up and would love to give my skin a real moisture boost to see if that helps. Any ideas/suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

The most natural things I've heard are to invest in a good anti-aging cream, drink a lot more water, cut out caffeine and try sleep on your back. After that however I've heard there's not much else bar botox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

ncmc wrote: »
    I am only 30, but already I have quite bad wrinkles around my eyes. Now I know there are no miracle cures, but as the problem gets worse when I'm tired, I'm just wondering if there are any products that give a temporary 'lift'. My skin feels quite dry at the moment and the skin around my eyes seems a little 'crepey' so I'm not interested in those polyfiller type products! I have a couple of parties coming up and would love to give my skin a real moisture boost to see if that helps. Any ideas/suggestions?

The Estee Lauder Night Renewal stuff is very good. I've started using it (am 32) over the last 10 to 14 days and have noticed an improvement in my eye area.
    However, you will need to make sure you drink enough water, eat the right food, don't drink alcohol, smoke, use sunbeds, clean your skin properly, get enough sleep, etc etc to have any kind of lasting effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Thanks for the replies... LOL, don't think I'm ready for the botox just yet :D. I will look into the Estee Lauder stuff though. I guess what I'm looking for is a face mask or treatment that you could use the night before an event, to give your skin a blast of moisture and a bit of radiance. Any reccommendations?

Though, that's a fair point about drinking water, I'm probably not drinking enough lately (hate drinking water in cold weather!) so will get working on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Thanks for the replies... LOL, don't think I'm ready for the botox just yet :D. I will look into the Estee Lauder stuff though. I guess what I'm looking for is a face mask or treatment that you could use the night before an event, to give your skin a blast of moisture and a bit of radiance. Any reccommendations?

Though, that's a fair point about drinking water, I'm probably not drinking enough lately (hate drinking water in cold weather!) so will get working on that.

Try drinking hot water then in place of tea or coffee, pop a slice of lemon or lime in for flavour if you want.
    The Estee Lauder stuff needs time to work or for you to notice the difference. I'm a big fan of Beauty Flash Balm for special occasions. I know many other people don't find anything great about it but I put it on and my foundation straight after and apply that with a brush not my fingers or sponge and think it gives great results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Bring sunglasses with you everywhere. Even in winter, it can be a bit glarey so pop them on. They really do help with keeping winkles at bay.

As for creams, Guerlain do a serum called Midnight Secret which is meant to be really good to bring back radiance. I a lot of the air-hostesses use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

Just thought Id add my tuppence worth as I have the same concerns as you.Im 32 but have noticed lines since I turned 30.

Sounds like your skin needs hydration. My skin is dry and the drier it gets the older/lined it gets. Ive started to use a range from Trilogy - I use the age proof serum, rose hip oil, oil capusles and mosturiser. In just a week Ive seen a huge difference!!

AS the others mentioned drinking water helps, as does watching humidity levels (if your home is really warm place bowls of water around) and also apparently a silk pillow helps...putting that on my santa list this year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 leah24

hey,just thought id let you know you should buy heamoroide(not spelt right) cream/gel it contains shark oil which tightens the area around the eye and lasts all day it only costs around a fiver and you can get it in any chemist.....(you might have to ask for it though :D) its called preparation H. It works great!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

leah24 wrote: »
    hey,just thought id let you know you should buy heamoroide(not spelt right) cream/gel it contains shark oil which tightens the area around the eye and lasts all day it only costs around a fiver and you can get it in any chemist.....(you might have to ask for it though :D) its called preparation H. It works great!:)

Please don't! It's so irritating to eyes, and in the long run is more likely to damage the skin around the eyes than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Moshimoshi

I'm probably not drinking enough lately (hate drinking water in cold weather!)

I'm the exact same. Like someone else above said, drink hot water. It actually encourages you to drink more than you normally would as it warms you up.

As for face masks, I don't know that much about shop bought, but there are loads of natural ones that are amazing. Plus you're likely to have the ingredients around the house, and they're cheap and gentle so you don't lose out if they don't work for you. Honey and egg yolk are two moisturizing ingredients that come to mind off hand, I don't have dry skin so I'm sorry I don't have more information, but you can find loads of recipes via Google :)

I would also recommend using rose water as a toner. It's a humectant (absorbs water from the air) and so is very good for dry skin. It's also very gentle, cheap, and available from the pharmacy.

Advertisement