Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help sweet jesus help!

• 19-11-2009 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

Hi there design wizards...

I do a bit of part time design as mart of my job but I'm not particularly very good...

Anyway, I want to design an A5 flyer for a deli...the design is going to be that of a shop front..

So, I'd have the name of the deli at the top of the flyer, like a shop front (e.g. you know with the two scrolls at either end) and then the body of the flyer containing the info from the promotion..

But i have no idea where to start?

I've lazily searched the entire net for templates but unsurprisingly they're not for finding.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

For templates try inkd.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Is the flyer being printed by a professional printing company? If so I suggest leaving the design to them. There are various things you could do wrong and it could cost you company money rather than save money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

Joining the Irish Webmasters Forum might be useful?

http://www.irishwebmasterforum.com/graphic-design/6368-template-design-by-photoshop.html

There are many experts there and they are generous with advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

If I start listing the technical ins and outs the OP simply won't know what I'm taking about. We don't even know if this person has the required software. I would imagine not as it's expensive. Maybe if the OP gave more information we could help.

But someone who knows nothing about design and print will most like produce a document that simply is not suitable for printing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Get up from your desk. Walk out of your office. Find a Spar/Centra/Costcutters and look and what they're doing right and use that as a base.

I'd keep it very simple. Use the copanies logo & colours. Get a good photo of the product and then the message/offer in large, clean text. You can't go too wrong if you try that.

Also, i'd highly recommend this book:
    http://www.amazon.com/Non-Designers-Design-Book-Typographic-Principles/dp/1566091594

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

What software are you using?

Advertisement