Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Flood Pictures

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mndgz

a123, when was that tractor was passing that craughwell bridge???? today??? i thought the bridge is movin and all cracked, what an eejit!!

I think we should spare a taught for the locations in England hit just as bad and even worse.......

Sky News were just reporting on various towns, a little place i've spent many wonderful nights in, Cockermouth has been among the worst hit :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockermouth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Just saw some pictures on Sky there. They seem have it a lot worse. Roads collapsing and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭a123

mndgz wrote: »
    a123, when was that tractor was passing that craughwell bridge???? today??? i thought the bridge is movin and all cracked, what an eejit!!

That was yesterday before lunch, and he was called much more than an eejit by everyone there at the time!

He drove down through it and then turned and drove back for no apparent reason :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

I think we should spare a taught for the locations in England hit just as bad and even worse.......

Sky News were just reporting on various towns, a little place i've spent many wonderful nights in, Cockermouth has been among the worst hit :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockermouth

Dreadful as it is, its hard to take a disaster in a place with the name of Cockermouth seriously :D

The thing is, they are having flooded houses and areas which is terrible. We are having flooded houses, areas and main arterial roads. The fact that for a while, you couldnt get from Galway to Tuam, Dublin or Limerick (North, East or South) is ridiculous and shows how little forward planning there has been. This whole affair wouldnt have been anything like as bad for instance if the M6/17/18 had been done years ago.

Trouble is there is no money at all to build flood defenses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 HappyLady

mndgz wrote: »
    craugwell, n6, dublin rd, this mornin

Thanks for posting these pictures. Hubby and I drive this road every day...hard to even imagine how bad it is...Pictures are worth 1000 words!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭greeneyedspirit

More from Claregalway - this was this morning

DF2E72952F624143B4DC4A95B173D21E-500.jpg

Frank Fahy was there, too

678E85B3263F4C48978E027C64E6A13A-500.jpg

Still, there was people trying to drive through. And they didn't give a **** about the band we put up. :mad:
    7A4114B8366C4628A54570E508BC9AB8-500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭AdamantApproach

Those Claregalway pics are crackers. Got any more? I'm over in London and it is good to see some familiar sights, even if they are mostly underwater! Thanks

Edit: Scratch that, just clicked on one and found several more. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭greeneyedspirit

Those Claregalway pics are crackers. Got any more? I'm over in London and it is good to see some familiar sights, even if they are mostly underwater! Thanks

yep, look here: http://pix.ie/greeneyedspirit/album/361307/goto/1357135

It's mental out there. going back out now to help with the sandbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Still a bit flooded around athenry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 MissThang

Out my side of the country!

Corofin.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

MissThang wrote: »

Corofin.

That's bad...

96728.jpg

96729.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Ouch!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

Still, there was people trying to drive through. And they didn't give a **** about the band we put up. :mad:

Looks like he made it through fine, anyway you can hardly expect someone to stop after driving some distance through the water at your "band" did you think he could turn around or reverse?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

hacktavist wrote: »
    Looks like he made it through fine, anyway you can hardly expect someone to stop after driving some distance through the water at your "band" did you think he could turn around or reverse?

The point is by going through he was sending waves and raising the water levels on people's houses and businesses. Basically he didn't care as long as he got where he was going. If it was his property I wonder how he would have felt if someone did what he did.

That's fair enough, but the tape should be at the start of the flood, maybe use traffic cones insead!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Das Kitty wrote: »
    The point is by going through he was sending waves and raising the water levels on people's houses and businesses. Basically he didn't care as long as he got where he was going. If it was his property I wonder how he would have felt if someone did what he did.

Apparently the manager of the Arches got so sick of this he stood out in the middle of the road stopping trucks!

Apparently the manager of the Arches got so sick of this he stood out in the middle of the road stopping trucks!

He should have sank a few lumps of wood with nails sticking out of them in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

Das Kitty wrote: »

You could have asked the guards or fire service to put some cones up or something that looked official.TBh i would have driven through the tape myself.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

kinetic wrote: »
    You could have asked the guards or fire service to put some cones up or something that looked official.TBh i would have driven through the tape myself.

I could have? Don't see how from Knocknacarra tbh :p

I'm sure the residents did ask but as you can imagine, emergency services were a bit stretched in the last couple of days.

• Advertisement

Flood.jpg

Oh ****. At first this was just a nuisance. Now I'm seriously worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

hacktavist wrote: »
    He should have sank a few lumps of wood with nails sticking out of them in there!

Here's a tip - wood floats! ;)

Zzippy wrote: »
    Here's a tip - wood floats! ;)
    Here's a tip For you, read go my post again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Is Claregalway still unpassable? I took the N61/N62 today instead of the N18/N17

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Get out your rules of the road book and check up who has the authority to halt a vehicle on a public road.
    I think you'll find it mentions nothing about a thin strip of safety tape.

Was there anyone there to man the flimsy tape if an ambulance needed to get through?

mikom wrote: »
    Get out your rules of the road book and check up who has the authority to halt a vehicle on a public road.
    I think you'll find it mentions nothing about a thin strip of safety tape.

Was there anyone there to man the flimsy tape if an ambulance needed to get through?

The best thing about it is how far away it is from the start of the flood, like you could even see it!

Just out there, they're putting up proper barriers now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

I was sure the name of this thread was post flood pictures? All ye seem to be doing is bickering and complaining about the tape. put up some pictures for feck sake.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

MissThang wrote: »

Corofin.

Holy Poop! That's bad! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

dilallio wrote: »
    We've all seen the faces of those ravaged by the floods of Sri Lanka and New Orleans.

This award winning photograph of the recent flood waters rising in Galway captures the horror and suffering of the people.

Keep these people in your thoughts and prayers......

flood5.jpg

:D where is that pic taken.judging by what there drinking , it looks more like somewhere on the continent

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement