Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Flood Pictures

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I was sure the name of this thread was post flood pictures? All ye seem to be doing is bickering and complaining about the tape. put up some pictures for feck sake.:)

Can't............. there's a tape up that say "no flash photography".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

That photo of the ould lads drinking was taken in Romania I think. Someone just searched google images.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kqcregg

Just a couple of shots of craughwell on the opposite side to a123's. Taken friday morning. Receded well last night but rain again overnight. Second shot is of the adrahan road out from caughwell beside the post office. Sorry for quality of pics - off a pic message

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

mikom wrote: »
    Can't............. there's a tape up that say "no flash photography".

Whatever you do, don't mess with the tape:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭a123

kqcregg wrote: »
    Just a couple of shots of craughwell on the opposite side to a123's. Taken friday morning. Receded well last night but rain again overnight. Second shot is of the adrahan road out from caughwell beside the post office. Sorry for quality of pics - off a pic message

Thanks kqcregg, haven't seen that side of the village in a couple of days
    I'm impressed that they've added traffic lights your side as well- it really helps the traffic!:D
    Met someone from the other side last night over on our side- they went to Loughrea to get on the bypass, then to Galway and back to C'well just to go for a drink. One very dedicated Designated driver!

Added a couple more pictures to Flickr yesterday as well, I tried zooming in on the car, very far away as water was up much more. It had been very clear on Friday's picts, can hardly be seen on Saturday's as water is covering the car.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44814342@N05/4122543394/in/photostream/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭The Express

Whatever you do, don't mess with the tape:rolleyes:

"Ted, there's a big bunch of tape in the middle of the road!"

swerves Cortina...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭greeneyedspirit

kinetic wrote: »
    You could have asked the guards or fire service to put some cones up or something that looked official.TBh i would have driven through the tape myself.

Yeah, just that there was NO Guards and NO fire services around... We put cones up at the other end, did that stop him? No.

Whatever.

Proper barriers are up now, in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Brilliant piece of footage Red. Really brings it home

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Hotwheels wrote: »
    That's bad...

96728.jpg

96729.jpg

Jaysus thats ****ing nuts!! I feel for the owners of these homes..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mndgz

latest update from Craughwell
    the water has subsided but the bridge is only passable by foot
    traffic wont be allowed on it until at least early next week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

mndgz wrote: »
    latest update from Craughwell
    the water has subsided but the bridge is only passable by foot
    traffic wont be allowed on it until at least early next week

Look at the state of that road :eek: . It looks like that bridge buckled up and settled down again under the pressure . Those are not 'normal' potholes .

96826.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

More from Ballinasloe today, including view of the M6 bypass heading for Galway side of it.

4125368804_596f75318d.jpg

4125351162_653542c5c5.jpg

4124603349_31199fb16c.jpg

4124588519_555725f229.jpg

4125459788_02539a12a7.jpg

:( Aw man, that doesn't look good at all ... and it's raining again, I think.

The N17 in Claregalway today... Proper barriers this time around :P

FD5B0981C4B44EF8B7B8DCDE0BF3FCA2-500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

More pictures from in and around Claregalway.

4124745797_c3a5433bf0_m.jpg

4124739455_e6fb03549e_m.jpg

4125485338_0209266d38_m.jpg

4125482606_ae619880e8_m.jpg

4125479778_1a9312538f_m.jpg

4125511764_7384d73a9a_m.jpg

4125493986_e2287a6d3a_m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

dcukhunter wrote: »
    More pictures from in and around Claregalway.

4124745797_c3a5433bf0_m.jpg

:eek::eek: Is that Kiltrogue Bridge? Hardly recognise it... :rolleyes:

Zzippy wrote: »
    :eek::eek: Is that Kiltrogue Bridge? Hardly recognise it... :rolleyes:

Ya it is I took a spin around there just too see what it was like. They have a big ESB pole accross the road to stop people trying to cross it now. Some people dont have any sense while I was in Claregalway two people tried to cross the flood but thankfully they finally copped on and turned around.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Presume it will be several days before Claregalway is open to traffic again. It looks in a shocking state. What are the options for those travelling to and from Tuam?? I know there is Clonboo but that road has gotten into a worsening state this evening and Cregmore is a no go area i'm told. It will be a difficult week.

dec25532 wrote: »
    Presume it will be several days before Claregalway is open to traffic again. It looks in a shocking state. What are the options for those travelling to and from Tuam?? I know there is Clonboo but that road has gotten into a worsening state this evening and Cregmore is a no go area i'm told. It will be a difficult week.

The only way at the moment is Clonboo. I haven't been out that way since yesterday but the headford road was starting to flood then as well, it should stay passable though.

Ah, you're at the other side of the flood in Claregalway. Very interesting to see what things are like 'over there', thanks for the pictures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭DoMyBooks

Here's two videos,
    This was taken in Claregalway on Friday evening

and this was taken in Ardrahan today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

White water rafting was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 elmitocarboni

There are loads of photos of flooding throughout Claregalway and surrounding areas on the Nuacht Chlair website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

very sad pic
    tis in todays Star & Indo
    one of many stories i bet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

alibabba wrote: »
    very sad pic

:eek: That's terrible! I'll be honest and say it all seems foreign to me even though I am only a few miles away..nearer the city. I honestly can't believe it. Poor chap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

:eek: That's terrible! I'll be honest and say it all seems foreign to me even though I am only a few miles away..nearer the city. I honestly can't believe it. Poor chap

He is married to my cousin.
    Pat Kenny saw the pic in this mornings Star. He rang Claregalway Post Office and got their number. Rang them, My cousin was talking to Pat on the Radio, telling them their story and how the village of Claregalway are suffering from it all.
    They said that area never use to flood until all the housing development went in. And if you look at Claregalway and Craughwell, they cud be right. Overdeveloping villages with major rivers running thru them, asking for trouble imo !

Ya I'd well believe that all the building has banjaxed Claregalway. Apparently all the underground waterways were closed off when the corporate park (which is empty empty empty...) was built. Also, the Friary estate is right where the river used to go, the nine arches bridge is right in front. How all this got planning permission is beyond me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Ya I'd well believe that all the building has banjaxed Claregalway. Apparently all the underground waterways were closed off when the corporate park (which is empty empty empty...) was built. Also, the Friary estate is right where the river used to go, the nine arches bridge is right in front. How all this got planning permission is beyond me. :(

because of the big concrete wall they put up to seperate them from the river thats how! you can see its working!

alibabba...isnt that house on the Lydican rd? i recognise it/always admire it..i live not too far from it. i cant believe its that high there but that area always floods. theres a two storey house across road/very close to it with a wooden fence round it and the field beside it can be flooded anytime of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

alibabba wrote: »
    very sad pic

I met these people once when I called into their house asking about the stone on their house. An extremely nice couple. This is only 2 miles from my home and to be honest Im shocked by it. Ive never seen flooding like it in my lifetime.

• Advertisement

fifib wrote: »
    because of the big concrete wall they put up to seperate them from the river thats how! you can see its working!

that wall doesn't go all the way up to the bridge... there's about a 1,5 m gap, so the water's still getting in - I agree the wall definitely helps though, we'd all be f*cked in there if it wasn't there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement