Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going for a drive anytime soon ?

• 19-11-2009 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

well dont forget your life jacket !!!

yes thats the news that is being issued everywhere aswell as your wearing your seat belt.

unless you have a very vehicle where the engine is very high off the ground and your lucky enough to avoid the flood in your car then use the roads all you want.

dont suppose any of ye are planning on driving through ?

whats it like in your area etc. ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Galway is like an island off the coast !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Navan town council buit a brand new road near me. It's now submerged, blocking access for many local business. Well done people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭neil_purdy

Tallaght is fine.. Sure we are on a hill!!

Drove home from Leixlip earlier, a bit of surface water but nothing dangerous..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 cashel girl

i have to head out at 7:( not to bad around here and mostly be usin motorway tonight (cashel-thurles) but my son's school is not local and very bad back roads.i think roads are going to be pretty bad in the morning when i have to drive him to school:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 luvablelizzie

Almost completely cut-off from my house..might have to stay at the mammy's house..

And my car got flooded this morning..apaarently there was a guy with a bmw last night that's brand new, and he got caught so badly that the car can never be used again..

This is not good ppl..not good at all!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

some bits off cork are very deep!! it just showed a ssangyong rexton on tv3 news in the middle off a flood conked out,the road was closed and there were warning signs up,he took the risk:rolleyes:

and a van driver told us he saw a 09 saab on its side in a ditch,i think there was water flowing accross the road so he may have aquaplanned! he must have got some fright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

neil_purdy wrote: »
    Tallaght is fine.. Sure we are on a hill!!

Drove home from Leixlip earlier, a bit of surface water but nothing dangerous..

I was shocked to see the corner into the village of the bypass wasn't under water.

Usually after this much rain, you can't tell where the path ends and the road starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

SUVs ftw :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Absurdum wrote: »
    SUVs ftw :D

it was on the news one of them got stuck in cork :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Main tramore to waterford is impassable. The back road off the old n25 is ok but loads of surface water. All other traffic is diverted this way so it's busy too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'm going to Moycullen (past Galway) tomorrow, if I don't make it back it's been a real pleasure knowing you all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Anan1 wrote: »
    I'm going to Moycullen (past Galway) tomorrow, if I don't make it back it's been a real pleasure knowing you all!

can i have your job, house and wife if you dont come back ?

also any other items you own would be nice too :)

Anan1 wrote: »

I've got spare goggles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

ah crap I've to go out in the Integra in ten minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

robbie_998 wrote: »
    it was on the news one of them got stuck in cork :P

wasn't a real one :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Standing water is a bloody nightmare on the blessington road, going onto the tallaght dual carriageway then down by rathfarnham/dundrum >:(

draffodx wrote: »
    ah crap I've to go out in the Integra in ten minutes

Ya poor thing...that'll be great craic!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Managed to make it through Mayo to Galway today without stopping. What's the deal? Low gears high revs through the worst of it right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

EPM wrote: »
    Ya poor thing...that'll be great craic!

Yeh and theres pot holes the size of ponds in the road anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭cascade35

All bridges in clonmel are closed off, river is rising at 100ml per hour at the moment. Quay has disappeared,its just part of the river now, only way into town for me is on the back of an army truck,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 luvablelizzie

I've got to get to GORT this evening, from galway city? I know the main road is cut off..and craughwell is cut-off...any ideas or directions to get there would be great..I did hear there was a turn-off in Labane that would bring me the whole way to Gort..but..Im not exactly sure where Labane is..help ppl..please!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭cascade35

Try google maps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I have to go to somewhere beyond Ennis tomorrow

Should be fun in the low slung RX-*

Advertisement