Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dynamac Trade

Options
  • 19-11-2009 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Has anyone any information regarding this company?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread closed.

OP, contact me and explain why this is a Consumer Issue. If you have genuine reason, then I will reopen the thread.

dudara

EDIT: Thread re-opened following contact from OP. Please proceed with caution. Any unfounded allegations will not be viewed favourably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 FoFo1955

I originally 'found' boards when I was trying to find out some information about the company advertising sim free unlocked iphones - there was a thread and some discussion. It seems that me and a few others did not receive said goods after payment. I would like to try and get my money back and would welcome any ideas. And yes - I do know I was foolish to trust an unknown source:(

You paid for the goods, but have not received them, correct?

What steps have you taken to contact the company to try and sort this out?

If you paid by credit card, you may be able to request a chargeback from your credit card provider citing non-delivery of goods. (If you're within the allowed timeframe).

Yep, that's about the size of it. We tried to pay by PayPal, but no luck. Dynamac Trade suggested we pay the money directly into a bank account, so foolishly, we did that. We have contacted them on about 5 occasions via email, but as yet have received no response. We've also tried telephoning them on the Dynamac Trade number and on other numbers for companies owned by the same man but the phone is never answered and messages aren't replied to. As yet, we haven't spoken to Dynamac's bank although I still have the account details. I've just been hoping that maybe someone else has had luck. I do know, from the previous threads on here, that the PayPal account was cleared and people lost their money. I think we would have lost our money whichever way we'd paid. The original thread was:
    Value of 2nd hand iPhone 3G? - Page 2 - boards.ie
    Page 2- Value of 2nd hand iPhone 3G? Apple Media Devices. ... Does anyone know of anybody who has had any contact with Dynamac Trade, or if anyone has been ...
    wwww.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055689524...2

but unfortunately, the thread was closed, which is why I made my post. That's how I know we weren't the only ones and how I was able to find out more information about the company. We'll plod on trying for a while but may have to write it off to experience. The world wide web is a wonderful thing, it's just some people who make it a bad experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You've been scammed, there is no way to get your money back. Forget about it, learn lesson, move on.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply. I've mostly moved on cos life's too short. However, if I'm able to get some more positive ideas I'll try 'em - wouldn't you? At the very least, if this thread helps anyone else being scammed by either this company or the others 'owned' by the same person, it's gotta be a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 EverLasting

If you've been scammed surely you could relay this information to the Garda(haha?). They must be able to do something, they should if this scam is affecting quite a few people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Shepherdess

Ah, I so didn't want to read this... but I too have fallen foul of the same offer. I've just contacted PayPal to try and claim my money back... we'll see what happens. In the meantime - what's the Irish equivalent of Tading Standards? Is it the National Consumer Agency? We should all at least contact them with our phone woes and at least try to make life hard for Mr Dynamac. If I can't get my phone or my cash I at least don't want some other poor b*****d falling for the same thing...

If there has indeed been criminal activity, then you should contact the Gardai.

FoFo1955 wrote: »
    However, if I'm able to get some more positive ideas I'll try 'em - wouldn't you?

Not when it's a complete waste of my time, no. Their bank will not give you any information, because it would be illegal, and they will not refund, as you willingly put the money in the account. After that, it's nothing to do with them. There is no way for you to get your money back, it's just not going to happen. Shepherdess might, since the payment was with Paypal, and that offers some protection. Bank transfers are final.
    In the meantime - what's the Irish equivalent of Tading Standards?

TS is a division of the Police Service, there isn't an equivalent here. The NCA deals with domestic consumer issues, and will be unable to enforce anything on your behalf, certainly not outside the state. <edit> I see Dynamac is based in Dublin, for some reason I thought this was UK based. You may get help from the NCA on your rights, but they won't pursue the company for a refund.

If fraud is being committed, then you should send the details to the Gardai, but most scams are a matter for civil court, rather than criminal.

• Advertisement

Shepherdess - another person I've 'met' on boards tried to get their money back, having paid via PayPal, but they can only do that if there are sufficient funds in the account - it had been cleared so no refund. I live in the UK, so contacting the Garda isn't a viable option, however, there is a sort of European Trading Standards who we've emailed. Maybe if you contact them too, it'll add more weight to the complaint - www.ukecc.net. I wish you luck!

Maybe if you contact them too, it'll add more weight to the complaint - www.ukecc.net. I wish you luck!

http://www.eccireland.ie/ is the Irish version of the ECC. Sorry to keep raining on your parade, but these are information providers only, and have no regulatory or statutory powers at all. They cannot really do anything for you, other than offer advise. They will not be able to shut down a bad trader either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Colin_M

Hi FoFo1955,

You might want to contact the Gardai about this.

Where are the company based? Had a look on the company registration office and if they are based here, then here is there office address - 61 Beresford House, Mayor Street, IFSC, Dublin 1.

I wouldnt just be leaving. You could also try the NCA - www.consumerconnect.ie

- C.

Thank you for all the responses - very helpful, not just for me but for others who've been scammed too. Not sure how I'd go about contacting the Gardia....but I will try the other links. Once again - many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Maybe I'm missing something, but why isn't the small claims court an option?

Dynamac Trade's registered office is in Dublin - I'm in the UK along with a few others who've been caught out so I'm not sure that would work. But thanks for the idea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

The registered address of the business (not an incorporated company) is:

61 BERESFORD HOUSE
    MAYOR STREET
    IFSC
    DUBLIN 1

The owner's name is Eric McInerney (publically available information), and he cites the above as his own address also. It may be worth sending a registered letter addressed to the owner and if you have no luck you could send a solicitor's letter or organise a hearing in the small claims court.

I have also found a mobile telephone number and personal e-mail if you'd like to PM me for these details. Publically available information again but I don't think I should post it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Dynamac Trade's registered office is in Dublin - I'm in the UK along with a few others who've been caught out so I'm not sure that would work. But thanks for the idea

The new European small claims court might be of help to you in that case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Leg1982

Hello, I too have been caught out by these con artists. I paid via Paypal and have been advised that they are unable to get my money back, reading through the posts on here, it looks as though the money is now long gone. The main concern here is that Dynamac Trade are still trading and this needs to stop. Also, Paypal must have had a number of disputes raised against them yet they are still able to use Paypal as a method of payment, clearly it is not an issue to them that a company is breaking the law?! Anyway the main message here is don't use Paypal, they're not safe, as a consumer, you're not protected and they can't be trusted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Paypal are based in Dublin , get the ECC on the case fast !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gylo123

Thankyou for his name, I am going to do everything I can to locate him, once I do I'm going to get a flight to
    dublin and confront him at his address- I let you know how I get on...

Lots of places rent a room around there

http://www.rent.ie/rooms-to-rent/dublin/dublin-1/

Could be long gone :( , Paypal are out in Blanchardstown which may be more productive.

<snip>

Sponge Bob - for some reason that I am unaware of, the original thread was deleted. I cannot allow it to be reposted

dudara

<snip>

Sponge Bob - for some reason that I am unaware of, the original thread was deleted. I cannot allow it to be reposted

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jmtech

Leg1982 wrote: »
    Hello, I too have been caught out by these con artists. I paid via Paypal and have been advised that they are unable to get my money back, reading through the posts on here, it looks as though the money is now long gone.

If you funded the payment with a credit card, you may be able to get a refund by a charge back. Contact your bank or card provider and ask them about it. You'll want the disputed transactions section of customer service.
    Leg1982 wrote: »
    Anyway the main message here is don't use Paypal, they're not safe, as a consumer, you're not protected and they can't be trusted.

A lot of people think that Paypal is secure, mainly because Paypal make all sorts of claims about protecting buyers and sellers. This is not true though, as you've found out. Paypal will only recover funds IF the seller has money in their Paypal account. There is also no way for a buyer or seller to check the integrity of the other party before a transaction takes place.

Using Paypal is a huge risk for both sides, and it is very easy to run a scam through Paypal.

The one thing that really annoys me about Paypal, is that they will have taken their % fee from the money you sent to this guy, which means they are profiting from illegal transactions. This makes Paypal party to the scam, and they should be prosecuted for it. They should at least refund the fees they took, to the buyer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jmtech

I considered that but if your PayPal account is used for people to send you money it might not be a good idea as PayPal may freeze your account altogether. It's hard to find information about this because everything you find about "PayPal" and "chargeback" is to do with legitimate traders who have sent goods and then lost the money due to a customer chargeback. The conclusion I come to is that PayPal will do its utmost to ensure it is never the loser in a disputed transaction.

Dudara, in view of the sheer scale of this apparently well orchestrated fraud could you maybe PM one of the Apple Media Device mods and ask them what happened the thread and why , I will not repost anything .

Sorry to be pedantic but my username is 'dudara', not 'Dudara'.

I will get in touch with one of the mods and see why they removed the thread.

dudara

• Advertisement

Hmmm, a Low D :p

7th November . Long Gone by then . No Paypal Refunds since early October.

http://www.g4ilo.com/2009/11/perils-of-paypal.html
    I have been ripped off by a crooked Irish firm called Dynamac Trade that was advertising "sim free unlocked iPhones" using Google ads. Their website looked slick and professional and had Blackberry phones for sale as well. No reason to smell a rat. But weeks passed, the firm did not respond to my attempts to contact it, and I still did not have a phone.

I filed a claim with PayPal and after just over a week I received this reply: "We have decided in your favour, however we were unable to recover any funds from the seller's account. We will make our best effort to recover the funds in question if they become available in the seller's account in the future." I wonder what the chances are of that?

PayPal may be fine for making small radio purchases from sellers you can hopefully trust, and it's normally the only option for buying things on eBay, but it's a risky way of buying things compared to using a credit card. If the buyer defaults on something that cost over £100 and was bought with a UK credit card you'll be reimbursed. My credit card even provides a 90 day warranty and accidental damage cover on items bought with it. PayPal is no safer than sending cash.

Advertisement