Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dynamac Trade

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

jmtech wrote: »
    I considered that but if your PayPal account is used for people to send you money it might not be a good idea as PayPal may freeze your account altogether.

They might freeze or close your account, but that doesn't seem to be always the case. Some people have charged back against Paypal and not been penalised for it. If they do, you can still set up a new account, but will need to use a different email address, and a different credit card number.

Depends on which you want more; your money back, or your current Paypal account.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I am happy for this thread to continue for now - but I do not want to see any personal details in this thread.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jmtech

Unfortunately in our case less than £20 was taken from the credit card. The rest was taken from the balance already in the account.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

gylo123 - I'd advise you to edit that post to remove personal information. May be nothing to do with this individual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Leg1982

I have also emailed BBC Watchdog with all the info of this trader, it's just a case now of making others aware of the scam to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else. So if you have been ripped off by Dynamac Trade, get in touch with them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

gylo123 Please do not post personal details again, or you will be banned from Consumer Issues.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 FoFo1955

Wow! I haven't had a chance to catch up with this thread for the last day - I can't believe how much has been posted! I have already used some of the advice and would urge others who feel they have been scammed to do the same. People power!

I do have a question - why has Dynamac's name gone red all the way through the threads - I am quite new to this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Xander22

Hi guys,

This company has defrauded my wife too, and we have learned a few lessons from the saga, one being that Pay Pal is useless and so are most credit card companies. However, the Garda are not. Send details of the transaction and the company who perpetrated the fraud to the Garda Bureau of Fraud Investigation (GBFI) Email address:
    crimprev@iol.ie

Postal address : Garda Bureau of Fraud Investigation I Harcourt Square 

Dublin 2
 Ireland
    If you do not report the crime, then nothing will be done and they will continue.

Xander - are you in England or Ireland? I'm in the UK so would like to know whether or not I can register a complaint with the people you suggested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 goniap2

Hi
    Unfortunately we were ripped off by Dynamac trade. Scenariowas excaly the same. Made purchase and paid through Paypal, tried to contact several times and no replies. Paypal says that they can't do anything just block their account or if any fund will come in and block them.Now we contacted solicitors and will be going to POlice to report the crime.The worst is that we purchased 3 phones!:mad:
    well I will keep an eye on your posts and will of course uodae you on my progress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 inp

i have also been scammed by them, scanning the net i have been looking into debit card chargeback scheme - wasn't even aware of it ..... which consumer webpage is quite interesting re. payments made via paypal/debit card or direct from debit card
    http://www.which.co.uk/advice/your-rights-when-paying-by-credit-card/chargeback-on-credit-and-visa-debit-cards/index.jsp

just wondering if anyone could make an online blog / petition where all people who have had a problem with dynamac could sign up to give an idea as to how many are actually affected by this scam...... just a thought ..... people going down the legal channels would have further names / details to pursue cases.......
    ijust thought more people than you may think may have been taken in by this online fraud company ?????????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Leg1982

I think this is a great idea, I'm not technically minded myself so wouldn't know where to start but if someone was to start one I'd definitely back it all the way! I still can't believe how many people have been caught out by this, if only Paypal had done something earlier when it had been brought to their attention that there was dodgy activity with his account, rather than let more people pay money into it and take their percentage fee! Unbelievable.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

FoFo1955 wrote: »
    I do have a question - why has Dynamac's name gone red all the way through the threads - I am quite new to this!

I am assuming you searched for the name Dynamac using the boards search feature. Once this happens all results pages will have the search term - Dynamac in this case highlighted in red.

Leg1982 wrote: »
    I have also emailed BBC Watchdog with all the info of this trader, it's just a case now of making others aware of the scam to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else. So if you have been ripped off by Dynamac Trade, get in touch with them!

its good that you have contacted watchdog,but there also needs to be a collective list of scammed customers- to be put to organisations to add weight to complaints......(see my other posts)

I'd be in that - are you able to start one - I don't know how. Fab idea

FoFo1955 wrote: »
    I'd be in that - are you able to start one - I don't know how. Fab idea

i am an ideas man- non technical :D

someone amongst all these angry people must know what they're doing when it comes to this sort of thing............

going to nationwide bs today to collect visa debit chargeback forms.... i payed scammers plc (dynamac) by debit card via paypal ..... but see link in my previous post,where you can claim if payed direct from debit card or via paypal ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 goniap2

Hi
    My husband went to police to report it and police said that because it's below £3000 and it's in Ireland they won't do anything!!! :mad: but I called my bank today and requested documents to be sent to me to make a charge back claim....so we will see...

goniap2 wrote: »
    Hi
    My husband went to police to report it and police said that because it's below £3000 and it's in Ireland they won't do anything!!! :mad: but I called my bank today and requested documents to be sent to me to make a charge back claim....so we will see...

as stated in my previous post, everyone should apply for a chargeback,what have you got to lose? everything to gain if you win

• Advertisement

I am gobsmacked by the replies to my original 'thread'. I have contacted as many agencies as I can after all the suggestions that have been made. Tomorrow, I speak to the Fraud Department of my bank. Still don't hold out much hope for the money but am more than happy with all the information that has been made available to others about this company. Thank you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Andy W

Im glad the thread has returned and i hope enough people find it to get something out of iti n the way of help! I too fell for the scam but got out lucky! The day i recieved the email saying "your order is ready" i rang DynamacTrade and actually spoke to the guy, i questioned him about various things and one of his replies were "we also have been scammed in the past". Anyway after the phone call i paid via paypal :rolleyes: A day or 2 later i emailed about a tracking code to trace the parcel but i had no reply, i then rang the company all day but no answer or calls returned so i applied for a refund through paypal as something didn`t feel right. Within hours the refund was in process and after 5 days the money was back in my hands. Why would they refund me if they are out to scam people of their hard earned cash!?
    I do hope something comes of this to prevent future scams and for the rest to get their £250 back where it belongs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 golfman24

Hi, I too fell for the scam and "purchased" two of these phones. Same problems as everyone else, glad to have found this forum as felt helpless. We are looking to go to the Ombudsman to fight our case with PayPal and suggest others do the same. Will try and find the linki again for the internet and will post when I find it. We need to do everything to ensure that this company does not get away scott free, and also PayPal should pay for this, they should should check companies before allowing this sort of thing to happen. Good someone has sent it to Watch Dog. If you tell me how to do that I will also contact them if required, happy to back people up as much as possible, don´t know what else to do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Andy W posted this information some time back in another ( deleted) thread which now only exists in the Google Cache and will expire soon . I can tell from his current post count .

At the time they were contactable . They have a number of OTHER names. Now they are not contactable and I am putting the information here in case it helps anybody .

dudara may indulge me this time , I posted this when dudara was not too sure WTF was going on yesterday but I am now certain the thread was deleted at the time .

Andy W Join Date: Oct 2009 Posts: 7

Hi all,

I also saw the add about the iphones, the other day i received the reservation asking for paymet, i sent various emails and got a reply to all of them. I then set about googleing DynaMac trade as i have never heard of them before. These sites are linked to Dynamac Trade.

http://fashion-revolution.net/

http://www.blackberry-bargains.ie/

http://www.dynamactrade.com/

Also registerd on some import export sites

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/eric-mcinerney/15/b7a/7a

9th down http://www.indianyellowpages.com/for...ile-phones.htm

http://www.importers.com/Importer_Ex...Mac_Trade.html

http://www.ecplaza.net/tradeleads/se...y_factory.html

http://uk.exporters.sg/member_profile.asp?co_id=121925 149 transactions!!!!!!!! Have a look around the profile!!!!!

based on the above I assume the company is legit, i also contacted them via the number on the web sites, the guy seemed very clear about the iphones being legit, he said "these are the older 3g and not the 3gs" he also mentioned that they "buy up bankrup stock hence why we can sell at a cheap price"
    Some of you now might think im mad as i have gone ahead with the order, but after what some of you are saying im just praying this is not a scam and all the links above have not pulled the wool over my eyes.
    Also you will notice in the links "Eric McInerney" pops up along with the same contact info, it just could be that this guy is trying to set up a business for him self. Also to be on the safe side i have logged an email with paypal. I have spoke with this company so please if anyone else has doubts or any interest give them a bell, i got through straight away.

Their paypal address is sales@blackberry-bargains.ie
    Last edited by Andy W; 16-10-2009 at 03:35.

Thanks for all the info folks. The financial ombudsman email address is www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk. Always worth a go. I do not think we will see our money again, but will pursue it as far as I can to try and make life very stickey for this company. I know 285 euros per iphone was a very good price, but hardly bargain basement knock price.

Will keep reading here and carrying on in my own sweet way, and if any success or other bright ideas will be right on to share them with you all.

Hi again. Just this minute reported this scam to BBC Watchdog. I know a couple of others have, but if they get enough email they might just do something about it and make a lot more people aware of this scam, and also let Dynamac Trade know that this scam is not going away, bitten off more than they can chew this time methinks. Have a good day.

I have also been in touch with Watchdog, along with the European Trading Standards - who have heard from others with similar stories and the Fraud Squad in Dublin. Here's hoping someone can do something to stop this company conducting their business in an un-businesslike fashion!

OK, I spoke to the Fraud Department of my bank who weren't able to help but did tell me that if Trading Standards have been contacted, they will pass that information onto the police. Yesterday, we received this reply from the European Trading Standards:

Thank you for your email to the UK European Consumer Centre.

We have noticed an increased number of complaints about this website and to be honest are unsure at this stage of its significance.

If you have ordered goods that have not been sent then you have rights under the Distance Selling Directive and the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, if the goods are not delivered within 30 days of placing the order (unless otherwise agreed), then you would have the right to request a full refund.

Obviously if this company have been trading fraudulently you may not be able to obtain redress but at worst we can pass all of the intelligence on to the authorities in Ireland.

If you would like to provide me with the associated documentation e.g. order confirmation we can attempt to mediate on your behalf.
    The information can be posted, emailed, or faxed to us. For all our contact details please view our contact us page on our website - http://www.ukecc.net/sub.asp?id=211.
    Once we receive this information we will attach it to the case and share it with our colleagues who will review the information and attempt to contact the trader on your behalf in order to resolve this dispute.
    Please be aware that we are an advice service and do not have any enforcement powers and cannot compel the trader to accept our views or to respond to our letters.
    If you do have any questions please do not hesitate in contacting me.
    Best regards,

Adam Mortimer | Consumer Advisor | UK European Consumer Centre

So it might be worthwhile contacting this organisation to add weight to the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Shepherdess

Gosh this thread has grown - good! I don't care for the "accept it and move on" approach. And whilst I'd like my £250 back, I'm more angry about the principle and would love to see this chap in court for daring to scam so many of us. I've just written the whole sorry tale out for the Irish NCA. And according to their webiste they DO have enforcement powers (don't believe everything you read on here) and the ability to prosecute traders for non compliance with both e-commerce and distance trading. Haven't read the leglislation so don't know which EXACTLY the (alleged - ok moderator?) DynaMac scam would come under, but it can't just be legal in Ireland to take a load of people's cash, not deliver goods and then ignore them. (Though some posts on here would have you believe that...)
    So that's what I've done, how has anyone else got on with the Gardai etc? The more the merrier I think. If we all complain to the same people, he'll have to get shutdown. Oh, and I work for the BBC - not for Watchdog - but I'm just off to email them internally. Maybe that will pique their interest. Cheers everyone. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Shepherdess

Oh and FOFO, I just saw your link to the UKECC and have complained to them also.

Advertisement