Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dynamac Trade

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The NCA in Ireland are a pack of tossers, I would love to see BBC Watchdog come over hear and do a piece on them . It would be a right eyeopener :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 FoFo1955

Excellent Shepherdess - I agree with you about not putting up and shutting up! Do you have a link for the Irish NCA - or I expect I could just google it. I hope you are able to put some weight on the BBC, it can only help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 charlie54

Really did not want to be writing this but I'm pretty sure I've also been a victim. Will find out for definite this Monday from Paypal as they have instructed "Eric" of Dynamac to reply to them by that date regarding non-delivery of goods(not holding my breath!).

I don't normally do chat rooms at all but feel I have to make an exception in this case due to being so incensed.

Is there any way of knowing how many people so far have fallen prey to this?

I will wait upon Paypal's response on Monday and then decide upon my "Action Plan" until then - I think I've joined your club.....!

Hi Charlie - almost sorry to say 'welcome'. If you squiz back through all the posts, you'll get a drift of what's been going on and who is good to contact, aside from PayPal. It's looking like we're quite a gang so any weight you can add to the cause would be good. I wish you luck with your claim.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

paypal have not issued any refunds since october , the guy cleared his account out.

see my reference to the ECC in Dublin top page two of this thread , make sure you all complain to them directtly if you really want the NCA to do anything .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 neimck

You can add yet another victim to this scam!

Was ripped off to the tune of 285 euros for a sim-free iphone.

To others who may be thinking of purchasing items from this company - DO NOT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a bogus company and i have passed on the complaint to the Irish authorities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Leg1982

Hi all, can I please urge you all (if you haven't already) to get in touch with Watchdog, let's make everyone aware of this companies criminal activities and stop him from doing it again. Go to www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog then go to the 'got a story' link. I have also made Watchdog aware of Paypals contribution to this scam and their lack of protection for the consumer. PM me if you need any more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BIGBOSS

Yes another victim of Dynamac Trade.
    E-mailed watchdog and the european consumer center contact that was mentioned in a previous thread. Just got a mail from ECC asking for me to send relevant documentation to there sister office in the UK.

Come on lets keep the ball rolling. They cannot get away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 golfman24

charlie54 wrote: »
    Really did not want to be writing this but I'm pretty sure I've also been a victim. Will find out for definite this Monday from Paypal as they have instructed "Eric" of Dynamac to reply to them by that date regarding non-delivery of goods(not holding my breath!).

I don't normally do chat rooms at all but feel I have to make an exception in this case due to being so incensed.

Is there any way of knowing how many people so far have fallen prey to this?

I will wait upon Paypal's response on Monday and then decide upon my "Action Plan" until then - I think I've joined your club.....!

Hi Charlie, Did the same thing with paypal, got to the required date and told resolution in my favour, no funds in the account, if and when available I will be paid. Also, if funds come into the account payments will be made out on a rota of who claimed first, second etc, so forget all about it, no go.

I have complained to Watchdog, am off to scour back to see who else I should complaion to, want to kick up as much fuss as possible. Leaving out the money part of it from us guys, this Eric should not be allowed to get away with this, we have no idea how many of us there are, but he could well have scammed a half a million pounts, or more, for all we know. Scumbag. I will keep going until I can see some sort of results with regard to Eric being hauled over the coals.

BIGBOSS wrote: »
    Yes another victim of Dynamac Trade.
    E-mailed watchdog and the european consumer center contact that was mentioned in a previous thread. Just got a mail from ECC asking for me to send relevant documentation to there sister office in the UK.

Come on lets keep the ball rolling. They cannot get away

Hi, Who is ECC, and what re the contact details for their sister office in the UK please.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Gosh this thread has grown - good! I don't care for the "accept it and move on" approach. And whilst I'd like my £250 back, I'm more angry about the principle and would love to see this chap in court for daring to scam so many of us. I've just written the whole sorry tale out for the Irish NCA. And according to their webiste they DO have enforcement powers (don't believe everything you read on here) and the ability to prosecute traders for non compliance with both e-commerce and distance trading. Haven't read the leglislation so don't know which EXACTLY the (alleged - ok moderator?) DynaMac scam would come under, but it can't just be legal in Ireland to take a load of people's cash, not deliver goods and then ignore them. (Though some posts on here would have you believe that...)
    So that's what I've done, how has anyone else got on with the Gardai etc? The more the merrier I think. If we all complain to the same people, he'll have to get shutdown. Oh, and I work for the BBC - not for Watchdog - but I'm just off to email them internally. Maybe that will pique their interest. Cheers everyone. :)

Hi, Do you have an email addres for the Irish NCA please. I am getting very confused, but want to add weight to as much as possible.

Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Leg1982 wrote: »
    Hi all, can I please urge you all (if you haven't already) to get in touch with Watchdog, let's make everyone aware of this companies criminal activities and stop him from doing it again. Go to www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog then go to the 'got a story' link. I have also made Watchdog aware of Paypals contribution to this scam and their lack of protection for the consumer. PM me if you need any more details.

Watchdog won't be interested in a story that relates to a trader in Ireland, they deal with UK based companies. There is no equivalent in Ireland.
    golfman24 wrote: »
    Hi, Who is ECC, and what re the contact details for their sister office in the UK please.

www.ukecc.net is the UK European Consumer Centre. www.eccireland.ie is the Irish operation, and the one you should use as this is an Irish based company.
    golfman24 wrote: »
    Hi, Do you have an email addres for the Irish NCA please. I am getting very confused, but want to add weight to as much as possible.

www.consumerconnect.ie use the contact page.

jor el wrote: »
    Watchdog won't be interested in a story that relates to a trader in Ireland, they deal with UK based companies. There is no equivalent in Ireland.

www.ukecc.net is the UK European Consumer Centre. www.eccireland.ie is the Irish operation, and the one you should use as this is an Irish based company.

www.consumerconnect.ie use the contact page.

Hi, Just fired off complaints to the two above websites. If any more I should fire off to please let me know, our money is more or less lost, but would have to see lots of other people in this very frustrating position.

Just found this site, quite good, going back to it right now.

http://www.screw-paypal.com/international_pages/united_kingdom.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 charlie54

Hi everybody

I've received my stock reply from Paypal, no suprise there then! and also automated replies from:
    enquiries@oft.gsi.gov.uk;
    ecc@tsi.org.uk
    crimprev@iol.ie

watchdog@bbc.co.uk

Has anyone noticed that " www.dynamactrade.com/iPhone" are completely sold out now , I'm gutted aren't you?.

So what's his next scam I wonder? Could it be something in fashion? I sent him a quick email just to ask him to keep up with how we're all doing, so if you can tear yourself away from your next "deal" ---- Hi from all of us Eric.:p

So next I'm going to concentrate on our friends at Paypal , keep up the good work everyone.

Oops! nearly forgot, can anyone tell me when when Paypal were first informed that this "company" was suspect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jmtech

I don't know if PayPal was ever "informed" this company was suspect. Hopefully they have worked it out by now from the number of people claiming refunds. But their reply said basically "this is our decision, please don't reply" so it is difficult to follow up and find out whether they are taking any measures that might ultimately result in our getting our money back. PayPal "customer service" stinks and always has, one more reason why I utterly loathe the company.

There was another thread on here that was unfortunately deleted but I seem to recall that one person did get a refund and one person did actually get through to Dynamac and got answers to various questions including that the phones were bankrupt stock. Because of that, I decided that perhaps this wasn't a scam and I just needed to be more patient, so I waited another week or so before deciding to raise a dispute. That was at the end of October and I was probably one of the first to be told that there were no funds in the account to refund me with.

Hi, I too have automated replies from these various places. I am beginning to feel as though I am banging my head against a brick wall to be honest Nwonder people give up. Financial Ombudsman has to be the next one then really, doesn´t it, as PayPal has to have a credit licence in the UK to operate. Onwards and upwards, but as they say, I will leave no stone unturned, and if I find out anything useful then you guys will be the first to know. I just find in totally incredible, in this day and age, that a person can pull a scam like that and get away with it. It seems as though nobody cares. Watch your tv with a licence and there is hell to pay, scam people of thousands of euros and well done mate, we won´t touch you. Truly amazing, no wonder there is so much crime these days, they all know they can get away with it.

I totally agree. I thought it was illegal to advertise for sale goods you don't have. It certainly is illegal to advertise goods and fail to deliver them. If Dynamac was bankrupt at least we could register as creditors. As things stand we can do nothing.

PayPal is aiding and abetting anyone who wants to carry out fraud by its failure to go after traders who take the money and run. I'm sure a credit company would not behave in such a pathetic money. But Paypal's attitude seems to be they don't care because despite their bad reputation they still have millions of customers so what the heck.

I will say one thing: I will NEVER use PayPal again except for eBay purchases (where eBay gives the buyer a lot of protection) or to buy from companies I know are trustworthy. If a trader only offers PayPal and you don't know them from Adam steer well clear. A slick looking website and a postal address and phone number is no guarantee they are a solid company.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

jmtech wrote: »
    I will say one thing: I will NEVER use PayPal again except for eBay purchases (where eBay gives the buyer a lot of protection) or to buy from companies I know are trustworthy. If a trader only offers PayPal and you don't know them from Adam steer well clear. A slick looking website and a postal address and phone number is no guarantee they are a solid company.

In fairness, most small businesses are going to use Paypal, at least starting off, as the costs and security implications of processing credit card details directly are fairly oppressive. I wouldn't take the fact that a company only accepts Paypal as any sign that it's in any way dodgy.

Also, eBay own paypal anyway, so I wouldn't expect any more protection on eBay than anywhere else.

All you can do when buying online from a company for the first time is research it as much as possible and base your decision on what you find.

Well I'm afraid small businesses are going to lose my business from now on if they use PayPal. The fact that Dynamac had a published address and phone number in what I thought was a law abiding EU country, which tallied with their domain name registration, had a professional looking website and were listed in various importer directories as a reseller of mobile phones, would have led anyone I think to conclude they were genuine. I did ALL that due diligence BEFORE deciding to place an order with them and it didn't help me at all thanks to PayPal's refusal to act against the fraudsters using its service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Andy W

jmtech wrote: »
    I don't know if PayPal was ever "informed" this company was suspect. Hopefully they have worked it out by now from the number of people claiming refunds. But their reply said basically "this is our decision, please don't reply" so it is difficult to follow up and find out whether they are taking any measures that might ultimately result in our getting our money back. PayPal "customer service" stinks and always has, one more reason why I utterly loathe the company.

There was another thread on here that was unfortunately deleted but I seem to recall that one person did get a refund and one person did actually get through to Dynamac and got answers to various questions including that the phones were bankrupt stock. Because of that, I decided that perhaps this wasn't a scam and I just needed to be more patient, so I waited another week or so before deciding to raise a dispute. That was at the end of October and I was probably one of the first to be told that there were no funds in the account to refund me with.

Hi,

Yes that was me, if you look at post 53 in this thread you will see why i got a refund but im amazed they did the refund! Also look at post 55 its a post by me from from the original thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Andy W

Has anyone got any news on this?

Hi All,

Nothing new from me. Sent a registered letter to PayPal, together with copies of emails etc., got an email saying they will look into it and reply in one month, if more time required to investigate will let me know. Have to wait now until mid January. If I am just getting a fob off I am taking it to the Ombudsman, but have to wait and see. Nothing else doing is there, I think the money is lost and that is that, but at least I will try and make it sticky for PayPal.

Keep you posted.

Golfman24

OK - we got in touch with the European Trading Standards, received an acknowledgement of the complaint and a further email from them a couple of days ago. It seems they are liaising with their Irish equivalent and will be in touch with us in due course.

I did notice that the site where the Irishman was advertising Blacberries has been suspended - don't know whether that means by him or other powers that be.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fawaz

hi to all , i have scammed by "dynamacs trade" unforchunately 285 euro:mad: save!

This is a reply we have just received and is self explanatory - thought some of you might want to see it.

"Thank you for your enquiry to the UK European Consumer Centre.

Having checked the website in question we are concerned about the legality of the services offered and whether the trader has authorisation from the brands whose logos are displayed.

Having checked the Company Registration Office there is a trading name of Dynamac Trade (registration number 0391536) registered at 61 Beresford House, Mayor Street, IFSC, Dublin 1, which matches the details provided on the website. It has been confirmed that the address is for a residential apartment block

All cases received by us have been passed by our Irish colleagues to the National Consumer Agency (NCA) and they have attempted to contact the trader on behalf of our consumers. To date no response has been received from this establishment.

All information provided to us so far has been passed to the authorities in Ireland, however if you have not yet provided with your documentation please do so. The information can be posted, emailed, or faxed to us. For all our contact details please view our contact us page on our website - http://www.ukecc.net/sub.asp?id=211.

Please be aware that it is likely that this is a scam and therefore a reimbursement is unlikely. We will continue to pass information for intelligence purposes to the authorities in Ireland. Should we receive any updates on this matter we will notify you accordingly should you not hear from us this is due to us not having any further information for you.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards
    Adam Mortimer | Consumer Advisor | UK European Consumer Centre
    UK ECC hosted by the Trading Standards Institute | 1 Sylvan Court, Sylvan Way, Southfields Business Park, Basildon, Essex, SS15 6TH | T: +44 (0)8456 04 05 03 | F: +44 (0)8456 08 96 00 | E: ecc@tsi.org.uk | W: www.ukecc.net"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fawaz

HELLO,
    DIRECT ME ! PLS , I'M FROM ISRAEL, ONE MONTH I'M IN CONTACT WITH PAYPAL TO REFUND MONEY BUT NO RESULTS
    WHAT CAN I DO

Advertisement