Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheque Question

Options
  • 19-11-2009 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi folks, I am to collect a cheque from a customer who i've just finished doing business with. Due to past history etc.. I have a feeling this cheque may do a bouncing ball. I am aware that I can go to the branch the cheque is drawn on to have it cashed straight away (am I correct). Does the cheque have to be made out to Cash or if its made out to me and I show ID is that the same?

Also are there any restrictions i.e should I ask them not to cross the cheque etc.. We're talking about AIB here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

ddub wrote: »
    Hi folks, I am to collect a cheque from a customer who i've just finished doing business with. Due to past history etc.. I have a feeling this cheque may do a bouncing ball. I am aware that I can go to the branch the cheque is drawn on to have it cashed straight away (am I correct). Does the cheque have to be made out to Cash or if its made out to me and I show ID is that the same?

Also are there any restrictions i.e should I ask them not to cross the cheque etc.. We're talking about AIB here.

You can go to the parent branch with the cheque made out to you or to cash and look for cash for it. It's up to the Bank at that stage whether they cash it for you, but if there's no money in the account then you won't get cash for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Tell him you want a draft or by EFT. I don't know why more people don't insist on this. It would remove this bullsh1te practice where by businesses rely on the cheque book as "artificial" cash flow.

Advertisement