Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Fianna Fáil serious?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Remember children, lieing and cheating gets you nowhere, except maybe a job as a minister.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

segaBOY wrote: »
    http://www.fiannafail.ie/fairplay

A letter of petition is signed by Dara Calleary TD, Minister of State.

I honestly think they are using this football match to distract the public from issues such as the upcoming budget. Actually can't believe this.

He is a muppet.

If you look at henry's display ...
    first it was celebrate pretend it didn't happen, then half admit you did it, then a bigger admission when you are found out, then say you did but it wasn't you fault, you are only human and after all you are not responsible. It's someone else's fault, the ref in this case.

Sound familiar at all ?

I would actually think Henry would be at home in ff.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Well seeing how we gave them a replay in Lisbon vote, you can see where FF are coming from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 932 ✭✭✭paddyland

Well seeing how we gave them a replay in Lisbon vote, you can see where FF are coming from

Touché...

Literally...

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

paddyland wrote: »
    Touché...

Literally...

:)

Speaking French, are we ??? Down with that sort of thing!!! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Speaking French, are we ??? Down with that sort of thing!!! :D:D

Careful now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gemma21

Regardless of the opportunism on the part of the government it's just wrong that France got through. There HAS to be a replay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

There's no precedent for a replay; all they can do at this stage in order to save face is ban Henry for a few games for bringing the game into disrepute.

And as others have pointed out, with the amount of "bringing politics into disrepute" that FF have done, it's VERY ironic for them to try to jump on this bandwagon.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    There's no precedent for a replay; all they can do at this stage in order to save face is ban Henry for a few games for bringing the game into disrepute.
    Speaking as someone with little interest in the sport, the game has been brought into disrepute by the refusal of FIFA to even contemplate the introduction of video refereeing.

A goal was scored as a result of a foul (almost certainly not for the first time in the history of the sport). The referee didn't see it. The goal stood; we lost. As a constituent of Dara Calleary's, I'm offended that he's wasting time on this matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I believe FF were probably hoping this would keep media attention until after this:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055747040

• Advertisement

I think video evidence will be introduced because the likes of Fergie and Wenger who are influential made statements this week. Don't think they did it for us but they no doubt see a situation like Henry's handball arising again.
    But I think FIFA to keep their sponsors happy will introduce somewhere down the line or punish people for handling the ball and stuff with bans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Shea O'Meara

I'm reminded of the Pat Shortt character Politician 'Maurice Hickey' using the 5c plastic bag levy as his main campaign issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I think video evidence will be introduced because the likes of Fergie and Wenger who are influential made statements this week. Don't think they did it for us but they no doubt see a situation like Henry's handball arising again.
    But I think FIFA to keep their sponsors happy will introduce somewhere down the line or punish people for handling the ball and stuff with bans.

And sometimes I question, "why should football should be left to the footballing community?"

To answer the OP is blatant example of jumping on the bandwagon. Wouldn't take notice of anything that crowd did from now on. AIB Shares are up. Need i say more

Advertisement