Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Speedy baby girl is named after car

• 19-11-2009 8:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

A couple have revealed the unusual birthplace that inspired their baby girl's name - not Brooklyn or Paris ... but a people carrier.

Luckily for her parents Tony Richardson, 24, and Samantha Smyth, 23, it was not a Volkswagen or a Honda but a seven-seat Kia Carens.

Miss Smyth, a mother-of-three from Poole in Dorset, went into labour at 2am on Sunday and called her mother for a lift to hospital.

But little Kia could not wait and popped out as they arrived at Poole Hospital at 4.30am.

They ditched plans to call her Tilley and named her Kia to commemorate her unusual arrival two weeks early weighing in at 6lbs 7ozs.

Miss Smyth told the Daily Echo newspaper in Bournemouth: "She literally came flying out. It was the best birth I've had.

"It was horrible to see the umbilical cord but the nurses were so quick it was unbelievable."

link

That's it - I'm naming my first kid 530d!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'll name mine Punto.

I'm from Tallaght so it won't really stand out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

"Hello little People Carrier!"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

riiiight. I was expecting something of quality, like Mercedes or atleast BWM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Damien360

This is old hat. My neighbour many years ago had a baby girl and named her Carina (probably with a K but I was too young to care). Even at a young age, I could see they named her after their Toyota Carina. Lucky they did'nt choose leanburn instead !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    riiiight. I was expecting something of quality, like Mercedes or atleast BWM.

or simply "Backseat"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭woody33

I was hoping it was Porsche. Primera might be nice, 911 a bit difficult as she grew up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Ford Prefect :D

hitch460.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭cascade35

Serena (nissan)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Leon...lenny...that could work God forbid the worst happens...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

would "caren" not have been much more dignified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Koenigsegg would be cool.

If the pregnancy was directly after a little bit of naughtyness, they could have called her: Buggerati :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Could be worse...lucky they didn't have a mitsubishi carisma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

76A Richardson, doesnt have the same ring alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

What about Bora for a boy? :D

On a side note I saw a VW BORAT the other day, so,e clever clogs got the T for the TDI badge & moved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I once met a girl called Cressida, I wonder where she may have been conceived?

Advertisement