Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Guard movie filming in Galway

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Where's your source on this? I'm intrigued because they're both legends but why would they be visiting here? and why the aquarium of all places?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 franj

I work in Salthill, got notification about it today to the local business. Trust me, its legit! Not in the aquarium, just the base of operation for the film crew.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

What is being filmed in Galway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 franj

The Guard, not sure what exactly it is. Could be based on the Ken Bruen novel perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Yup, they're filming the Ken Bruen piece

• Advertisement

Brendan Gleeson is often in Galway, so this is no huge surprise. Have met him previously, very very nice chap and absolutely huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

"The Guard" is being shot in Galway in the next few weeks (I applied to work on it but never heard back:(). It's being produced be Element (production company) and it stars Brendan Gleeson, so you might see him around a lot in the next few weeks.

Coincidently, Magma (Galway based production company) are shooting a TV pilot called "Jack Taylor" (also in the next few weeks) who's the same lead character in "The Guard". Two Jack Taylor productions going on at the same time. I smell a rivalry, or at least a sitcom plot:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

cant believe ya left out "i went down" best irish movie in ages and gleeson as Bunny Kelly is brillant
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0Z_6VV8qgY&NR=1

Now for this movie The Guards based on Ken Bruens book of same name, being produced by Ely studios based out by TG4 hq and the filming will be around the city while the set is been built in Letirmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Apparently they were shooting at G this morning, was on the radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 prettie

I went for a walk on the prom after work this afternoon as it was such a fab day did anyone else see or know what the were filming up near blackrock pier,there was alot of crew and security was hoping to see someone famous....not likely or did i miss them???:(

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Heard Brendan Gleeson was knocking about out there.

Me thinky this is the film your looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Damn nice enough cast!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

There was another (the same?) film crew on Dominick Street today also.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Asmodean wrote: »
    Damn nice enough cast!
    Don Cheadle must be the Chris Rock character and Gleeson is the Jackie Chan character except instead of knowing how to do karate he knows how to do crazy, by being drunk all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

ScumLord wrote: »
    Don Cheadle must be the Chris Rock character and Gleeson is the Jackie Chan character except instead of knowing how to do karate he knows how to do crazy, by being drunk all the time.

That's slightly derisory towards Brendan Gleeson. He's a fine actor.

And Jackie Chan is in to Kung Fu, not karate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

They were filming on the bridge over to the Cathedral last Friday night. Big enough crew working on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Eyre square yesterday
    They certainly get around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Tribesman29

There are two different productions filming at present. Both are based on adaptations of Ken Bruen's books featuring Jack Taylor(highly recommended reading).
    The Brendan Gleeson one is a feature film, while the other one is a "for tv" production that may lead to further episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 goldilocks77

Saw filming outside the Camera Shop on Saturday morning and in Abbeygate Street the previous Saturday (I think) - seems to be the Ken Bruen film. Great stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

kraggy wrote: »
    That's slightly derisory towards Brendan Gleeson. He's a fine actor.

And Jackie Chan is in to Kung Fu, not karate.

And it was Chris Tucker not Chris Rock in the Rush Hour movies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

I don't think that would have been the Brendan Gleeson one you saw in Salthill. Gleeson's one (produced by Element) is being shot mainly in Conemarra. I'd say you saw the Magma produced one (mainly shot in town).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

It was the Magma film TV crew you saw around the city.

And yes, it's for "The Guard"

I was an extra on the set in the Roisin Dubh yesterday. Had the place all to ourselves there, great stuff! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭lovelyhome

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

were down by the docks earlier this evening aroun 9:30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

Dunno where they're filming tomorrow but the whole movie is gonna be shot in 2.5 weeks, that's the schedule for the whole thing!

Say they'll be wrapping up fairly soonish..

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭philboy

There was a film crew around today at 10.45am at the Garrison church beside Renmore Barracks. A 1920/1930s style car was parked outside and a few people were dressed in clothing from that era.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

They were filming at my local beach some weeks ago. I didn't go to the set and gawp at the "mewvie stahrs" like some hick though as I was working on an unrelated short film elsewhere. Seemed like a fairly serious set-up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

They'll be filming on High St. next Tuesday (17th) 8am-12pm if ye fancy a bit of a gawk, not sure if Brendan Gleeson will be there or not.

You didn't hear it from me!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭amy85

does anyone know if colin farrell is in brendan glessons new movie the guard? heard he was spotted in galway yesterday with brendan at the g!

Advertisement