Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Guard movie filming in Galway

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

amy85 wrote: »
    heard he was spotted in galway yesterday with brendan at the g!

The talentless hack was probably just hanging around the magnificent Gleeson hoping someone would eventually take pity on him and give him some food/spare change/part in a multi million budget film.

In all fairness, he had no right to be anywhere near 'The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus'... Raaaaaar... He angers me.

But I digress, wouldn't mind bumping into him and recommend he stick to more roles like Intermission.

The Twat.

Now I am done....

Oh, and to answer the OP's question. Nope... Colin Farrell is not listed as being cast in The Guard.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Maybe he was just catching up with his friend from "In Bruges" :D certainly a plausible possibility....out of curiosity has anyone spotted Don Cheadle yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭amy85

The talentless hack was probably just hanging around the magnificent Gleeson hoping someone would eventually take pity on him and give him some food/spare change/part in a multi million budget film.

In all fairness, he had no right to be anywhere near 'The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus'... Raaaaaar... He angers me.

But I digress, wouldn't mind bumping into him and recommend he stick to more roles like Intermission.

The Twat.

Now I am done....

Oh, and to answer the OP's question. Nope... Colin Farrell is not listed as being cast in The Guard.

i knew there was gonna be some haters when i wrote that msg. haha.. i definetly wouldnt mind bumping into him thats for sure!!

ya intermisson is funny alright.he should stick to films like that, i agree with you on that one. well thanks for answering my question anyways!

Mactard wrote: »
    Maybe he was just catching up with his friend from "In Bruges" :D certainly a plausible possibility....out of curiosity has anyone spotted Don Cheadle yet?

emm... whos he?? is he in film?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Mactard wrote: »
    out of curiosity has anyone spotted Don Cheadle yet?

Now that's a gentleman with who I could share a pipe, pint and a chat. :D
    i knew there was gonna be some haters when i wrote that msg.

Hate is such a strong word. I prefer 'severe and unbridled dislike'. Has a better ring to it. :p
    well thanks for answering my question anyways!
    No Problemoooooo :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

Now that's a gentleman with who I could share a pipe, pint and a chat. :D

mmmm Don Cheadle.. forget the pipe pint and a chat, if i get there first
    i will just ask him what he likes for breakfast before i whisk that REAL man away... now that is what i call a MAN.. mmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Brendan Gleeson, Stephen Rea and Colm Meaney, top notch Irish actors.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Actors yes, but Meaney by name Meany by nature from what I've heard.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Actors yes, but Meaney by name Meany by nature from what I've heard.
    His only real human quality to speak of is a fondness for Celtic mysticism...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

What are you saying about Miles O' Brien :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Indeed, I was sitting in the next room! They are in Eddie Rockets this Monday filming...

Indeed, I was sitting in the next room! They are in Eddie Rockets this Monday filming...

and i work beside there so gonna keep an eye out . whoohoo...!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Just passed by Eddie Rockets in Wellpark and they're doing some filming there for a movie called "The Guard". From what i've read Brendan Gleeson and Don Cheadle are in it! Looks cool down there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

Also stumbled on it at ERs. No sign of Gleeson though when I was there.

The Guard is beginning to gain a lot of buzz and will be screened at the Sundance Film Festival

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

Saw it today. A very good film. I'd love a sequel...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ourtrail

Seen it Friday, its hilarious, I spent the film trying to spot all the places in Galway that were featured that I recognised. The Aquarium in Salthill, the Spanish Arch, The G hotel were the main places around town I recognised, recognised a few places in Spiddal and Connemara region and of course the harbour in Rossaveal.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭lezza

seen it lastnight very very very good film i'd advise fellow boardsies to watch it

Advertisement