Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mail for Exchange on Meteor

• 19-11-2009 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Does anybody have Mail for Exchange (MfE) working on a Meteor N97 ?

I can connect to my Exchange server over WLAN but not using Meteor DATA
    A colleague using an N97 (on Vodafone) has no problem connecting. I am using the same credentials and settings - with the obvious exception of username & password - but can't get a connection with the server.
    This leads me to believe there may be a problem with the Meteor settings.

Meteor support have just repeated the same advice which doesn't get me anywhere.
    Any suggestions to what I might try?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Warm Edge

I haven't had any luck with Meteor support on this. In fact its getting rather ridiculous. Their support forum is giving me the following settings;
    APN: data.mymeteor.ie
    User name: None
    Password: none / empty

When I download the settings from the website I am getting;
    APN: data.mymeteor.ie
    User name: my
    Password: **** (from what I've read elsewhere this may be 'meteor')

The mod on the forum has gone to ground on this and hasn't even put up the posting !
    Could somebody confirm the DATA settings for me please.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

MFE should just use port 443, so I don't see how they are blocking it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

As testicle said, using port 443 should work fine, provided that this port is setup on your company's exchange server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Rory B

APN is data.mymeteor.ie
    username; my
    Password:wap

no reason it should not not work....all ports are open on that apn...pm me if you have probs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Warm Edge

Rory B wrote: »
    APN is data.mymeteor.ie
    username; my
    Password:wap

no reason it should not not work....all ports are open on that apn...pm me if you have probs!!

Guys thanks for your help.

This is different to what Meteor support have been advising
    http://forums.meteor.ie/index.php?s=&showtopic=347view=findpostp=1953

I have amended the password, tried using port 443 and still no luck. Again I can connect without any problems over my WLAN using Eircom BB so I assume my login credentials are correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Warm Edge wrote: »
    Guys thanks for your help.

This is different to what Meteor support have been advising
    http://forums.meteor.ie/index.php?s=&showtopic=347view=findpostp=1953

I have amended the password, tried using port 443 and still no luck. Again I can connect without any problems over my WLAN using Eircom BB so I assume my login credentials are correct.

Technically the Data APN user name and password are not required, however, on Windows Mobile handsets something needs to be entered. If you can connect to the Internet via the Data APN then you should, theoretically, be able to sync your exchange email account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Tripodlad

My N97 will not connect at all. I am using eircom Mobile and everything works except mfe. It will work with Vodafone and O2 but not Eircom or Meteor. Other phones i have tested N95, E51 both work fine with mfe but not the N97. Browser works, wlan works, gMail works as imap but mfe not a chanve reinstalled a few times, updated firmware, no dice. Any idears.

Advertisement