Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

7a38669438dd881b0a06cf

• 19-11-2009 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

This is a file in my 'Programs' disk where I attempt to keep programs that allow one to save to a specific location. It occupies 6.09mb and has 2 sub-files 'amd64' and 'i386'. Is it an XP update? May I delete it - and any similar files?
    Do XP updates have to be kept on file, or are they incorporated into the wider XP operating system when downloaded? My Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Potchumkin wrote: »
    This is a file in my 'Programs' disk where I attempt to keep programs that allow one to save to a specific location. It occupies 6.09mb and has 2 sub-files 'amd64' and 'i386'. Is it an XP update? May I delete it - and any similar files?
    Do XP updates have to be kept on file, or are they incorporated into the wider XP operating system when downloaded? My Thanks
    Those are folders left over by Windows Update, they are safe to delete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I dont see why you would need to delete it to be honest, its only 6.09mb. But yeah you should be able to delete it, just create a system restore(which will take up more hdd space) first before you delete. The "7a38669438dd881b0a06cf " folder name to me indicates it was a cache file, probably should have been auto deleted after the install but never was.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Potchumkin

Thank you Guys for your so immediate response. I have been brought up on BBC so 6mb means a lot to me!
    If I can refind your names I shall reply. It brings me to the other of my problems - getting on to an Internet location ......... it takes forever. Once established I can communicate pretty rapidly (6.6 for a 7MB line), but getting in contact takes a long time.
    Thanks Potty

Thank you Guys for your so immediate response. I have been brought up on BBC so 6mb means a lot to me!
    If I can refind your names I shall reply. It brings me to the other of my problems - getting on to an Internet location ......... it takes forever. Once established I can communicate pretty rapidly (6.6 for a 7MB line), but getting in contact takes a long time.
    Thanks Potty

cpu-dude & Anti
    Thank you both for your replies
    Potchumkin ............. it just takes such a long time ..............

• Advertisement
Advertisement