Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fit SSD into HAF 922

Options
  • 19-11-2009 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

As title. Does anyone know how I fit a SSD into a HAF 922.

The 5 bays all appear to suit a regular HD but I cant seem to work out how to dock the SSD which is considerably smaller?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭noodletop

Brando_ie wrote: »
    As title. Does anyone know how I fit a SSD into a HAF 922.

The 5 bays all appear to suit a regular HD but I cant seem to work out how to dock the SSD which is considerably smaller?

you need to get a bay converter they are about 10 euro from most shops. it converts the drive to fit into 3&1/2 " floppy drive bay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

This will do the job for you :)

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=489949

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Brando_ie

noodletop wrote: »
    you need to get a bay converter they are about 10 euro from most shops. it converts the drive to fit into 3&1/2 " floppy drive bay.

Aha. I suspected as much. I actually got a set of bay converters with the case but require them for the multi-card reader. I'll just have to ring around and see what I can rustle up but suspect Athlone is not going to be great to pick up something like that before the weekend.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Brando_ie wrote: »
    Aha. I suspected as much. I actually got a set of bay converters with the case but require them for the multi-card reader. I'll just have to ring around and see what I can rustle up but suspect Athlone is not going to be great to pick up something like that before the weekend.

Cheers

you could always try this: http://www.silentpcreview.com/article8-page2.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

For a ghetto short time solution, you can just use some extra long screws to hold it in place ;) Or just velcro/cable tie it to something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

Aye, just use velcro :P

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

I cable tied mine in conjuction with one screw and a bit of glue...seems solid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

Will a card reader not come with a converter? The cheap as poo Ultron one I bought did.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭noodletop

helios12 wrote: »
    Will a card reader not come with a converter? The cheap as poo Ultron one I bought did.

yeah prob but it only costs about 10 euro for the proper converter and you can fit 2 drives into most of them in case you decide to get second one later on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

I have been something like that for a long,

• Advertisement
Advertisement