Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Speakers for box room?

• 19-11-2009 10:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy folks, I'm just looking for a decent but not hugely expensive set of speakers for my bedroom. It's a box room so I'm not looking for surround sound or anything.

Just a good set of speakers for next to the tv, maybe a subwoofer, to improve overall sound quality and also something to listen to music through.

If it helps the TV is an LG - 32LH3000.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Have you an amp or are you looking for powered speakers (eg computer speakers)?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Not looking for computer speakers. Normally that would do but I'm only using a laptop with no desk so it's better to have proper speakers for the T.V, so yeah I'd probably need an amp! :)

For the music end of things I was thinking of getting some kind of media centre to store movies/music etc and play it all through the speakers/tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

For the music end of things I was thinking of getting some kind of media centre to store movies/music etc and play it all through the speakers/tv.

Sounds good. If you stick to stereo (with the possibility of adding a subwoofer later) you could get a quality setup for a reasonable price.

For ideas, check out richersounds.ie for stereo amps and bookshelf speakers.

If you are going to be sitting close to the speakers (ie on a desk) I suggest googling "near field monitors" which are speakers designed for use at close proximity to the listener (eg in a studio).

These can come as powered units so you could use the line out from your computer as a direct feed.

Advertisement