Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email Query

• 19-11-2009 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭

I don't know where to put this but anyway,

I want to send the same email to multiple contacts with out them seeing each others email address's. Is there some html code to do this or a program? Or will I have to send them to each person one by one.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

There's quite a few mail list programmes out there or even newsletter mailing services out there.

Alternatively, if it's not a huge amout of e-mails you can put them into the BCC field of your e-mail programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

BrianD wrote: »
    There's quite a few mail list programmes out there or even newsletter mailing services out there.

Alternatively, if it's not a huge amout of e-mails you can put them into the BCC field of your e-mail programme.

Thanks so much I tried the BCC and it worked! ;)

Just curious why did you say if it's not a huge amout of e-mails?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

BCC is "ok" for a smallish number, but you're better off looking at using something like GroupMail (if you're on Windows)

Blacknight wrote: »
    BCC is "ok" for a smallish number, but you're better off looking at using something like GroupMail (if you're on Windows)

Thats my question why only smallish numbers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

padocon wrote: »
    Thats my question why only smallish numbers?

It doesn't scale.

It can cause issues with mail servers

If you use "to" each recipient it will work a lot better

• Advertisement

Blacknight wrote: »

If you use "to" each recipient it will work a lot better

Sorry I don't understand, can you explain.

Thanks

Advertisement