Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shooting in balbriggan

Options
  • 19-11-2009 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Heard <someone> just got shot in Pinewood. Anyone hear anything?

No names or speculation. HB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

I didn't physically hear anything but I believe something happened alright. Nothing on the news sites at the moment so it would probably be better not to speculate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Only PuddinG

Yea apparently three people got shot on the square...........we will find tomorrow the low down.......:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

****!!!
    The square...how public is that!!!

I'd love to know who it was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

2 women and a man injured, not life-threatening

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Laydee wrote: »
    I'd love to know who it was!
    Not really rocket science based on where the shooting was.

Much ado about nothing really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

While I and probably a lot of other local boarders know which family was involved and probably can guess why, I think that your comments regarding the location are a wee bit harsh...

I dont remember regular shootings in that location. A lot and i mean a LOT of decent people up that way, its one of the older AND quietest parts of the town to live in.

This was a once off, far more incidents have occurred in the newer parts of the town in recent years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Was coming up towards Balrothery from Swords direction.Came across a checkpoint between the roundabout turn for Courtlough. The Garda told me and from what I could tell every car heading in the same direction
    "There has been a shooting in Balbriggan. Please dont flash your headlights to warn of motorists of this checkpoint in case you alert the wrong people......"

Morphéus wrote: »
    This was a once off, far more incidents have occurred in the newer parts of the town in recent years.

Has there been any shootings in the newer parts of the town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭robpurf

Morphéus wrote: »
    While I and probably a lot of other local boarders know which family was involved and probably can guess why, I think that your comments regarding the location are a wee bit harsh...

I dont remember regular shootings in that location. A lot and i mean a LOT of decent people up that way, its one of the older AND quietest parts of the town to live in.

just want to back up this post i went to school in balbriggan and i have friends from up that neck of the woods and been around it years and its really not a bad place at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭robpurf

Absurdum wrote: »

plenty of drugs busts though

robpurf wrote: »
    plenty of drugs busts though

just like in "old" parts of the town :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Absurdum wrote: »

I didnt mean shootings!!! I meant that there was more criminal activity in the newer parts of the town and that the area where this happened, used to be associated with anti social psuedo criminal behaviour but has come full circle - at least compared to how it used to be... and on the scale of things the town overall is and always has been very VERY quiet compared to other north county towns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ciara 2

Morpheus

the family involved were mine and i bet you have no idea what so ever why!!

so how dare you comment on it and insinuate you no the reason because you clearly dont!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Ciara - Sorry to hear that this has happened to your family.

However, if you have a problem with a post - use the Report Post button and let me deal with it.

HB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ciara 2

no its ok everyone is entitle to their opinion!! thanks anyway x

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

You are welcome.

Advertisement