Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC in Athlone

• 19-11-2009 10:31pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,

Seriously looking at UPC's 10meg with telephone and unlimited downloads bundle, €56/month

As I will be losing my landline I'd really appreciate some feedback on UPC's performance to date in Athlone.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

anyone?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I loved to know the exact same thing because I'm considering getting the same deal in Athlone.

Any word on the quality of the service?

Surely they can't be worse than Perlico, the crooks I'm with now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Have it in athlone (living near the fire station), broadband works great, havent noticed any major slow downs that you see mentioned a lot in other threads. Phone is a different story for me anyways. Had to cancel it as it just kept on loosing connection, had to reboot the router for the phone to work. Engineers replaced the router a few times but they didnt know what was wrong and didnt even bother calling out the last time they were meant to so I cancelled straight away. Also tv was loosing signal every so often so I'm getting sky in to replace that.

I'd definitely recommend the broadband anyways and get the phone package aswell as you can cancel that if there are problems. I have the 20mb broadband.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Okay, fairly good broadband recommendation so
    Hmmmm, will need a phone and there's no point in having separate phone and broadband service provider these days
    Don't care about TV, I have freesat and supplement with .mkv's and anything I need from RTE I can use their web player

Just the phone to ponder.....

Thanks for the feedback

Advertisement