Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are these any good

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

bumpy bump bump. anyone:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What are using them for? The amount of power they will use, will depend what bulbs you put into them. This are used on sites, clipped to the ceiling and often never removed, they aren't expensive so were just left behind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

i was going to use them in a small cattle shed. they would only be used maby three hours a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

i was going to use them in a small cattle shed. they would only be used maby three hours a month.

I dont think the regs would allow these on a farm. Any lighting that is supported just by the cable flex isn't allowed iirc. You would probably be looking at more a stronger solution like pvc conduit, and then IP rated light fittings, it would depend on the level of dust and water in the area but would be IP44 or above.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 phxfrmtheflms

do they give out much light. how far apart are each bulb. and are they expensive on electricity

http://www.caulfieldindustrial.com/files/productdetail.asp?ProductId=124874&PName=CITEC+Festoon+Site+Kit
    They are 110volt so you would need to plug them into a tranformer or a 110v socket. as Davy said they would not withstand dust or water, but if you mounted them at a decent height(2.5mtr or higher) you should be fine. Consumption for 3hrs a mth wuld be very little..

• Advertisement
Advertisement