Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flooding

Options
  • 19-11-2009 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

There is pretty bad flooding in and around west cork

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭busman

Bandon is well under water! Just had a look at the footbridge in town and the water is flowing over the top railings of it! Water is halfway up north main st. Very very bad :-(

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Mallow is flooded as well - park road is still out. Barriers have helped.

My father went out and said that the flood was only a foot and a half down from the mark of 1980 flood (worst flood in Mallow's history), but that was at 9am, after high tide when it was starting to receed anway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Macroom looked fairly bad on the news last night too!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Bandon was nearly impossible to get out of this morning, roads I barely go through yesterday are now impassable. Garda station is closed and most things are out, phones are down, mobile reception is all 1 bar if lucky. I barely got out this morning using Ballinadee and lots of farmers roads.
    It was very emotional yesterday on north main st as most people couldn't even get out of cars and walk home. New Orleans or Venice?
    Apparently, garden furniture flowed from Mary Roses cafe in supervalu half way down the street and lidl trolley bay is covered. Farrells had 5-6 foot of water at worst part and most shops said it was hip height and flowing rapidly through the shop.
    Brooks will be delighted with his brand new shop....
    P.S. you should see bandon office supplies, then again it was hard to see it last night with water covering most of it....

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

All bridges below dam closed til you get to nth gate bridge.Lee rd flooded out to mt desert and city side of humpback bridge @ the back of the Anglers.No way through from Ballincollig to Blarney unless you go through the city.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Noangel72

Hi,

I am not familiar with the road from Dublin to Cork, can somebody tell me if the roads Dublin to Cork are open? more precisely I am travelling to Castlemartyr near Cork.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭funkydunkey

Noangel72 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am not familiar with the road from Dublin to Cork, can somebody tell me if the roads Dublin to Cork are open? more precisely I am travelling to Castlemartyr near Cork.

Thanks.

Dublin to Cork should be fine, take it handy on the motorway though, I drove it yesterday and there was a lot of surface water and visibility was poor. After that I cant say what east cork is like. its a pretty good road though. there are some lakes near the road but i think theyre after castlemartyr. Id say you should be fine, its the main road to waterford from cork after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Noangel72

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I'm just back from Midleton, the road between the dunkettle interchange and there is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭thorpe

Bridge in Fermoy town has just re-opened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭jhegarty

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Some pictures of Mallow. The first four are of todays flood taken from the Lidl carpark, the last one was taken on Monday - just thought it was funny! I'll upload a few more 2moro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 evilpaperbag

Can anyone tell me whether the road from Coachford through Blarney into town is ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

Cloghroe ,Tower, Blarney, o.k. @ 12 o clock saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 evilpaperbag

Fantastic thanks for that info. I sent my brother out instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 i55ed5

Blarney is fine.!! Dry as a bone :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

What's Fermoy like? More pictures please!

Advertisement