Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC for audio record/production

Options
  • 19-11-2009 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hey
    I am planning on building a pc for recording and editing music. I am currently using a iBook G4 with Protools and Reason, which causes problems when I try to run both programs together!!
    I've decided to go PC, as money is tight and a new G5 or the like cripple me!!

Does anyone have any advice on what hardware to be going for? Motherboards, processor, memory, cards etc...

I want it as big and fast as I can get it for under a grand!

Any advice is much appreciated!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Do you need anything like monitor, keyboard mouse and any other bits and pieces like that? If not you can get a G5 killer for under a thousand easilly. If not, then about 200 or more of your budget is going to go on a nice big monitor and othe rbits and pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hey
    I am planning on building a pc for recording and editing music. I am currently using a iBook G4 with Protools and Reason, which causes problems when I try to run both programs together!!
    I've decided to go PC, as money is tight and a new G5 or the like cripple me!!

Does anyone have any advice on what hardware to be going for? Motherboards, processor, memory, cards etc...

I want it as big and fast as I can get it for under a grand!

Any advice is much appreciated!!

Are you including an Audio interface in the price? That could rack it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jimidalliance

No I don't need an interface, I have a Digi002r...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

What about peripherals as Anti said?

From just a quick google it seems that protools scales well with the i7 so i'm going to suggest a budget i7 build.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

Budget Old i7 or Budget new and smexy i7? :P

Though to be fair, audio work would need Tripple channel mem huh?

• Advertisement
Advertisement