Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Assessment of Polish Teaching Qualifications

• 19-11-2009 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello. If there is any Polish teacher of English that had their qualifications assessed in Ireland, please share your knowledge/experience. I'd appreciate any constructive advice on that subject. I'm planning to get it done myself but assessement of the primary level teachers seems to be extra complicated?!!! Looking forward to any answers, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 angie26

Do you mean that you're a qualified as a primary teacher in Poland and want to teach English to non-national children in Irish primary schools? You need to take a look at the National Framework of Qualifications website. They have a section on equivalency of foreign qualifications. If you have a degree in primary education you should be recognised, if it's a teaching diploma you may have problem. In any case you won't have full recognition because you don't have the qualification in the Irish language. You'd have to get it within five years. It is as you say, a complex system. If you want to teach English as a foreign language as a language support teacher in primary,you must be a fully qualified primary teacher. But honesstly you're very unlikely to get a job even if you have Cambridge (CPE). If you think about it this country is full of native speakers of English!! And there are lots of unemployed qualified teachers who trained in Ireland, desperate for a job of any kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RABARBAR

thank you for your complex reply and optimistic diagnosis of my prospects :) I am well aware of all that. If you are one of the jobless teachers dont worry, I wont steal your job- too much hassle with the assessment.
    take care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 angie26

Rabarbar don't be silly. If you are a Polish primary teacher then you are a Licencjat so you are level 8 I think on the NFQ which is the same as an Honours Degree here. You have equivalency. You need to submit your paperwork in English format obviously to the Teaching Council for provisional recognition which would last you for five years anyway. You won't get a job in language support I'm certain and you're being naieve to think so but me saying so doesn't mean I hate Poles. What's to stop you subbing as a class teacher? Also with your degree in education there are other education related jobs open to you.

No I'm not an unemployed teacher and if I were, will you please explain how you would be 'stealing' my job if you as a teacher yourself, went for an interview and were chosen by the panel as the most suitable candidiate? Bizarre logic. That's not stealing dear. You'd be getting the job quite legitimately.

By the way I notice that I'm the only person who bothered their barney to reply to your original post, including your Polish compatriots. So you might be a little more courteous and not quite so snide and sarcastic. It was actually you, yourself, who said that the situation was complex and I was agreeing with you!

Advertisement