Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slash's biography

Options
  • 19-11-2009 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭

Just finishing this up at the moment, it has to be best rock n roll bio I've ever read. Some of the writing is dodgy but overall its been a page turner. Anyone else read it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I agree with you, thoroughly enjoyed it. Slash is one cool dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sainttrap

A very good read. How that man is still alive I will never know??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

yeah the snowballing antics left me confused as to how he survived. He's pretty cool though. I get the impression he crammed so much into his life by the time he was 25, just in terms of the amount of adventures he had had by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

its good, but its nothing compared to "the dirt" by motley crue..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

An absolutely brilliant read, I have to say... I actually read it while waiting around airports and on coaches while on a trip to, quite fittingly, Amsterdam!!! Was weird reading a book of such levels of debauchery in the City Of Sin... Made what me and my mates got up to look like a little girls' tea party!:o

But if you want a tale of absolute utter debauchery and hell-raising, do read Mötley Crüe's ''The Dirt'' or Nikki Sixx's ''The Heroin Diaries''. It's really hard to say which is more shocking than the other... But neither will disappoint!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

DazMarz wrote: »
    An absolutely brilliant read, I have to say... I actually read it while waiting around airports and on coaches while on a trip to, quite fittingly, Amsterdam!!! Was weird reading a book of such levels of debauchery in the City Of Sin... Made what me and my mates got up to look like a little girls' tea party!:o

But if you want a tale of absolute utter debauchery and hell-raising, do read Mötley Crüe's ''The Dirt'' or Nikki Sixx's ''The Heroin Diaries''. It's really hard to say which is more shocking than the other... But neither will disappoint!!!:D

Absolutely,but i kinda wish i'd read Slash's book first to be honest, because it just came across kinda really weak compared to The Dirt, but dont get me wrong Slash's book is awesome,really enjoyed his honestly, and down to earthness, particularly loved the story bout him walking in on James Hetfield having sex:pac::pac: But The Dirt is just the most outrageous rock n roll book of all time(dont mean to sound like Kayne West!) the story of the band is very interesting,serious debouched stories of excess, with no details spared cant recommend it enough!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Also Check out Anthony Kiedis' Autobiography 'Scar Tissue'. I'd never realised how f>cked up he was 'til I read this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Its So Easy

It's amazing how vivid some of his memories are for a guy who has admitted that he can't remember 75% of what happened during that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

It's amazing how vivid some of his memories are for a guy who has admitted that he can't remember 75% of what happened during that time.

I though that too while reading through it, but at some point in the book, can't remember which part now, he does explain it. He said that he used to keep track of what he was doing back in the day with day planners, which he kept and used to write the book. He also said that some one once stole one of these planners and he then couldn't remember a thing from that period of time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Its So Easy

Haven't read the dirt fully but read nikkis book and some of the entries in the book are a bit mad. And a few times you'd have to wonder what the **** was he on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Slash's book was great, another great read is The Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixx or Lemmy's AutoBiog

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rgjmce

i very rarely read books but i really enjoyed reading it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Another great book on the topic of rock/metal is ''Hell Bent For Leather'' by Seb Hunter. He's no rock star, nothing... Just a die-hard metal fan. His book is humerous in the extreme and is not terribly long either. But it is in no way hedonistic or extreme like Slash's or Motley's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

finished ozzy's book the other day, excellent read and feels like it has come straight from ozzy if you know what i mean.
    Great stories and insights to the great mans debauched career and life.

I second anthony kiedis book too.

Lemmy's was the most dissapointing book i have ever struggled to finish:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Ive read David Lee Roths book which was timid as

Kiss and makeup which was interesting but highlighted the fact that hes a t!t in many parts

And the dirt which is more of a toy than a book its so easy to read, and very very entertaining 'Tommy - I say dude are you sure I can handle that much dude. He says dude trust me dude Im a junkie dude. Duuuuuuuuuuude'

Advertisement