Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study Help..

Options
  • 19-11-2009 11:41pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

I know x-mas exams are coming up and tbh im f*%~#d.Does any one have any study tips to help!The only way i know is writing it out over and over again but this takes ages!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

I find it helpful to write notes everyday on maybe 2chaps with the homework to do and on the weekend I do 6 chaps notes 3 each day and take break.I find it the only way thats helpful to study and I have pre-mocks next on in irish,economics,biology,maths and maybe english(not yet decided by teacher) and Im writing these notes to help me to study and when the mocks come I can look at them and find it easier as its in my words.Even though it takes long just divide the chaps on the week and do a bit by bit each day!

dont work or go out,just go for a walk to ease the stress

hope this helped :D:o

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

What I did was make a study plan - picking a subject a day. Print off the checklists from skoool.ie, and set aside 30-40 mins a day to do any topic you want from the list and the subject you are supposed to do. Revise and try a few exam questions or write out the notes, whatever you think you need to do. Try and do an exam question as well if you are doing the notes, the more you know your exam papers the better! Tick the topic off the list.

A lot of people find if they make a strict study plan, like to study respiration in biology Monday night etc, it oppresses them, and they begin to resent it, whereas above, you are stuck to a particular subject, but you can pick the topic. Maybe you are covering it in class, and you get questions for homework, maybe do one or two extra questions, or spend a bit of time learning off the answers/main points.

remember that you are still covering the course in some subjects - and you may find that the teachers are giving you a load of work, but learn homework off well as you are going along.

Don't worry about if you can't get two hours study done a night on top of three hours homework - after the pres (Feb, cos I know some pres are soon), the workload will ease off, and you will have more time to study. The main thing is not to worry, use the Christmas exams to see how well you know the stuff from the start of the year, and if you need to go over it a lot or a little before the pres. Best of luck!

Advertisement