Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management Fees

Options
  • 19-11-2009 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi there -
    I'm just wondering, does a property management company by law have to give a breakdown of the fees charged? I got a three line letter stating the amount only (2,600 euros!!!!) requiring immediate payment.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Yes and no.

No, they don't have to give you a breakdown when they're sending you an invoice for fees.

Yes, they do have to send you a set of accounts for the previous year. This should be distributed with the notice for your management company's AGM. There you should get a full breakdown on any expenses for that year, and also details of the proposed budget for the coming year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Pete4779

Hi there -
    I'm just wondering, does a property management company by law have to give a breakdown of the fees charged? I got a three line letter stating the amount only (2,600 euros!!!!) requiring immediate payment.
    Thanks

They will produce yearly statements at least and these are sent to all owners. What you got is just an invoice. The management company will produce the yearly breakdown of costs usually at the start of the next year and estimates for the comign year.

Advertisement