Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia repair in waterford?

• 20-11-2009 12:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭

Anyone know anywhere in Waterford to have a Nokia 6700 repaired? (screen) I also need to unlock a Nokia 6303.

I dropped my 3 week old 6700 today and broke the screen.:mad:
    In the meantime, I could probably use my wife's last phone, a Nokia 6303, but its locked to O2 and I'm on meteor.

Tried a search but just got negative stuff about the Nokia repair center Waterford.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Across the road from Spokes bike shop up from the old cinema its just there on steven street, You'll see the entrance to the store on the left hand side of the blue shop(spokes now?) its up the stairs you can't miss it really.

Be prepared to fork out a few quid though :(

EDIT: and he won't unlock the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaxCharlie

nokia repair centre over a jewelery shop on the square - across from mccauleys pharmacy

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

MaxCharlie wrote: »
    nokia repair centre over a jewelery shop on the square - across from mccauleys pharmacy

Its not an official repair center. Using them may result in Nokia refusing to service your phone in the future if anything goes wrong. Especially if under warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Hifive wrote: »
    Anyone know anywhere in Waterford to have a Nokia 6700 repaired? (screen) I also need to unlock a Nokia 6303.

I dropped my 3 week old 6700 today and broke the screen.:mad:
    In the meantime, I could probably use my wife's last phone, a Nokia 6303, but its locked to O2 and I'm on meteor.

Tried a search but just got negative stuff about the Nokia repair center Waterford.

you might be better off asking here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=411 you can probably buy a screen on ebay and maybe fix it yourself. going by other posts on that part of the site you might be able to look up youtube and get a video that shows you how to change it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

south wrote: »
    you might be better off asking here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=411 you can probably buy a screen on ebay and maybe fix it yourself. going by other posts on that part of the site you might be able to look up youtube and get a video that shows you how to change it.

thats the option I would go for... easy enough repairs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

Thanks to everyone for all the helpful replies.
    I've decided to go down the ebay route as I'm handy enough with electronics and It will save a few bob. I am aware of the warranty implications.

For the meantime and after a long search in the garage, I'm going back to this old timer:)
    nokia_6210.jpg
    The 6210 was a great old phone and it seems its not locked to O2, like the spare 6303 and the two old Nokia 6230i's that i found first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

screens are handy to change. :)

Advertisement