Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5 essential games for te xbox 360

• 20-11-2009 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Getting another xbox after my old one rrod ... I had halo 3 gta4 ,forza 2 and a few other but thats it .. just wondering what would be five essential games that i really should not not have! My broadband kinda crappy so id like the suggestions to lean less towards online multiplayer! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Fallout 3 game of the year edition.................... based on my last save i gto 120 hours out of it, a less obsessive player would still likely get more than the average game play from it, and if not going for everything get 40 from it :D

Oh and Rock band 2, had to throw that in there too :) only game I've ever played for so long after I'd finished it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

If you have slow broadband and want good single player experiences i suggest, Borderlands,Fallout3,Mass Effect,FIFA 10 or PES10 or both :),Forza3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Borderlands*
    Mass effect
    Arkham asylum
    PGR 4
    Shadow Complex (live arcade)

* definitely an aquired taste, check out a few reviews first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Fallout,
    Borderlands,
    Halo 3,
    GTA,
    Gears.

other games come and go but these stick out in my mind as some the best xbox has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

-Agree with hobochris with Gears of War, something you have to experience.
    -Batman Arkham Asylum is another crackin game imo.
    -Dead Space is another.
    -Bioshock another
    -Oblivion can take over your life!

• Advertisement

The Orange Box (worth it for Portal alone)
    Bioshock
    Fallout 3

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

halo 3
    pro evo (or fifa whatever ur preference)
    tekken 6 (great series)
    call of duty or else gears or war
    gta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Modern Warfare 1/2
    Batman: Arkhum Asylum
    Mass Effect

Possibly the best four games I own out of about twenty. I'm burned out on Dead Space from getting every achievement but the fact that I did says a lot I guess.
    Bioshock is also good but it never grabbed me. There's no hook to it that makes you want to keep playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭OhThePenguin

Fallout 3
    Bioshock
    Oblivion
    Batman AA
    and Dead Space if you like that kind of game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Halo 3,
    Dragon Age: Origins,
    GTA,
    Gears of War 2,
    The Orange Box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

halo 3,
    mass effect,
    both modern warfares,
    left 4 dead
    fusion frenzy 2 - for drinking games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

I don't see what people like with Mass Effect, tbh.

My list:
    Forza 3
    Bully
    Fable II
    Scene It

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Getting another xbox after my old one rrod ... I had halo 3 gta4 ,forza 2 and a few other but thats it .. just wondering what would be five essential games that i really should not not have! My broadband kinda crappy so id like the suggestions to lean less towards online multiplayer! :)

Don't bother buying CoD MW2. The single player is short enough for a rental. Same for CoD 4. Also, dead space is quite good, deffo GTA 4 & Batman was a nice suprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

Thanks guys ! So far im thinking ...

-> Fallout 3
    -> Fifa/Pes ...I still cant get over my love for pes
    -> Tekken 6
    -> Batman AA

hmm not sure about the last one! And can someone give the better than minimum speeds for xbox live . Not exactly blessed with providers being in the country! heard it has more to do with ping and upload speed?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Seriously dont overlook Borderlands, also imo tekken 6 is terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Jaysus, you all got it wrong. :p

Fallout 3
    Dead Rising
    Gears of War - go into expecting to turn your brain off and just shoot stuff.
    Mass Effect
    Earth defence force 2012 - if you have friends and like drinking buy this just for the pure OTT fun co-op

• Registered Users Posts: 8 harlequins_lute

Any Order, Any release!

Gears of War
    Halo
    Fifa
    Assassins Creed
    Call of Duty

Advertisement