Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc alarm

Options
  • 20-11-2009 2:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hey folks can anybody advise me on where to get HKC alarm gear in north dublin? Also could someone give a rough estimate on how much all this would cost, thank you

7 reed switches
    6 vibration sensors
    7 contacts
    1 pir
    1 bellbox
    1 hkc 8 zone panel

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Around €350-€400 . Try reliable security, cian park ,druncondra. I would however recommend looking at the Signet, much more features for around the same cost. HKC is very old & very basic compared to whats available now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭hey_hey

thanks for the reply, its just a job for my aunty and she just wants the basic stuff. The house is pre-wired for 1 bellbox but there is a field behind her house and she wants a bellbox on the back as well, its quite a messy job going back to the panel so is it possible to run a 6 core from the front to the back without going near the panel? Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

hey_hey wrote: »
    so is it possible to run a 6 core from the front to the back without going near the panel? Thanks

Yes.. Just dont forget to series the BHO & tamp return.
    I'd still recommend SigNet over HKC. It doesn't have to be old & basic to be user friendly. It doesn't get any easier than pace enabled keypads.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

+1 on what koolkid said.
    I would go with the signet and get her a remote keyfob. With the keyfob it is a simple as pressing one button to turn the alarm on and another to turn it off. It doesn't get much easier that that.
    I give these out with all my systems and everyone loves them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

If your familiar with HKC stuff then go ahead and install it but it is at the end of its time and will be obsolete very soon. The Signet is a great panel but if your looking for something a bit more straight forward then I would go with the new Astec Fusion panel, very simple to install for anyone with a little bit of know how.

• Advertisement
Advertisement