Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble with teenagers

Options
  • 20-11-2009 3:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi I have been working in a shop for a few months now, trouble is I work nights alone. The shop is in somewhat of a dodgy area it is fine during the day but at night it is quiet shoppers wise and it is a hang out for teenagers...not very nice teenagers.

They end up coming into the shop and well messing, like robbing sweets and throwing the stock around etc. I have to shout at them and tell them to get out, its very difficult to tell 5/6 17 year old lads who are bigger than you to get out...I am a fairly small girl in my 20's and its beginning to take its tole , Im not used to this.

I am starting to get frightened I am not sure what they are capable of. Lately after shouting at them im quite flustered shaking etc, they call me a b*tch and all this ..and sometimes throw sweets at me ! I know I sound pretty pathetic but I don't know what to do about this.

I have said it to my boss and well he says to call the guards which I do(whenever they cause damage like knocking over stands etc) but I have to work some nights as its fair and other staff can't work some nights.

I just want to know is anyone else in the same situation? Any advice on how to deal with these people more productively? I feel like I have no protection and well the cctv in this place is quite pointless ..i mean it barely works most of the time, but my boss won't do anything about it.

Anyway any advice would help ! Thank you!

Advertisement