Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a new stopgap GPU, would a 4350 do the trick?

Options
  • 20-11-2009 6:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

So, until the 5850s magically appear from the Marshmallow Kingdom, I need something to replace my dying 8600 GTS. Am thinking about using a cheap Sapphire HD4350, or would I be better off buying a Gainward 9400GT?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Leman_Russ wrote: »
    So, until the 5850s magically appear from the Marshmallow Kingdom, I need something to replace my dying 8600 GTS. Am thinking about using a cheap Sapphire HD4350, or would I be better off buying a Gainward 9400GT?

if you want to be able to actually play games dacent: I would look at a 4670 or a 4770 which can be gotten for £50-60.

If you just need to be able to keep a pc running and won't be playing games, pick up something cheap 2nd hand.

I also notice they have 4870s in stock starting at £89.... Animal card for the money and would tie you over nicely for a year. 5850s will prob be just about in stock then :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

I am in the same ship as you, I had to go out and buy a 4890 on till my 58xx comes in.

You will need a 4870 min to run games at full settings.

Well how i like to play them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

Ha, well the 8600GTS is not what you would call a powerhouse anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

whats your budget? you can pickup 8800gt's for ~50 euro, 45 if youre lucky. Both those cards are $hit

Most online retailers are expecting new 5850's in stock on December 3rd, if you get an 8800GT at least you can use it with the 5850 for physx in windows 7.

Could also just crossfire 2 5770's for the same price as a 5850 and generally they perform better than a 5870, wouldnt be my choice though as heres a difference from depending on crossfire and just using it to bump performance.

Advertisement