Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brisbane Blackhawks

Options
  • 20-11-2009 7:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭

.....sounds like a rugby team.....

Anyone know what the Army choppers are doing over town the past few days?

Just regular training or is there an airshow coming up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

Seems like they're going to be around the city training for the next week. They've been flying over my gaff in West End for the past couple of nights, flying pretty low too!

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/black-hawks-to-continue-buzzing-around-brisbane-20091111-i9tc.html

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mise23

They were flying over my place earlier on. I don't think the RAAF have deployed dozens of Blackhawks, it seems to be the same 3 helicopters going on multiple loops along the Brisbane river.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

They had four doing the rounds on Tuesday or Wednesday, so definitely brought more than three.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Certainly brightens up the afternoon when you have Blackhawks buzzing around outside your window looking back at you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

They're just learning to fly. Next week they'll be learning how to do left hand circles. The West End can be a pain in the arse sometimes. I should know, I live there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

Confab wrote: »
    They're just learning to fly. Next week they'll be learning how to do left hand circles. The West End can be a pain in the arse sometimes. I should know, I live there.

I live there too! I think it's a great spot though, the most eclectic part of the city by a long way!

Traq wrote: »
    I live there too! I think it's a great spot though, the most eclectic part of the city by a long way!
    Ottoman Cafe near Three Monkeys is a gem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

S'dat the shesha bar???

I lived in Highgate hill for a while meself, Loved West end, only thing I didnt like was GETTIN OUT OF IT IN THE MORNINGS, thats a fari pain in the balls of a task if you need to get to the Northside.

Maybe when the new bridge is built I'll move back;)

S'dat the shesha bar???
    It's a Turkish place, it puts Ahmet's to shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

King Ahiram's and Indian Kitchen FTW!!

I've also seen 3 planes in formation head west over the river (yesterday), one of the girls at work said they were doing exercises, maybe there's a base out beyond.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

arent they all based at Annerley?

saw those planes meself, rather cool

Advertisement