Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flooding of Clare Roads

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Glad to report that even though the flood is still in evidence at Lough Cutra gatehouse, the Tulla rd is not blocked, access from Killanena GAA field. Good luck all...

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭redeight

spender.j wrote: »
    Glad to report that even though the flood is still in evidence at Lough Cutra gatehouse, the Tulla rd is not blocked, access from Killanena GAA field. Good luck all...
    Heres a photo of the Lough Cutra gatehouse flood from around 4 pm today.
    It was passable but I wouldnt take my car through there personaly.
    It was fine in a jeep though.
    That was the worst flood on the road down to Feakle.
    The Feakle Scarriff rd was not bad either - no flood at Cooleenbridge
    and a small flood nearer towards Feakle.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I was just down at the bridge at Sixmilebridge and the pressure of the water is very severe and looks like it is not calming down any time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 46 celliman

The main water pipe for shannon town and surrounding area is fixed to this bridge.If the bridge goes thats the water supply cut off.Fill the bath just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭magicwand

bridge just went...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

What do you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

magicwand wrote: »
    bridge just went...
    What?? all six miles of it ? :eek:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

celliman wrote: »
    The main water pipe for shannon town and surrounding area is fixed to this bridge.If the bridge goes thats the water supply cut off.Fill the bath just in case.

Oops.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The latest reason behind the flooding in Ennis is due to the new bridge at the Rowan Tree allowing the water into Abbey Street and a new wall near the by pass failing and allowing the water onto the Gort Road

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Which bridge is it exactly? I've driven through sixmilebridge a few times, but I'm not that familiar with it.

Is it the one crossing the small stream in the centre of town? Or that humpback one?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

MarkR wrote: »
    Which bridge is it exactly? I've driven through sixmilebridge a few times, but I'm not that familiar with it.

Is it the one crossing the small stream in the centre of town? Or that humpback one?
    Its the bridge in the centre of the town. Its a river that runs under it :P

magicwand wrote: »
    bridge just went...
    Any sources to back that up??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Clareman wrote: »
    The latest reason behind the flooding in Ennis is due to the new bridge at the Rowan Tree allowing the water into Abbey Street and a new wall near the by pass failing and allowing the water onto the Gort Road

There is a lot of anger over this and it would not surprise me if legal action was taken out against the town council. The new wall along Wood quay and the Parnell St Car park effectively funneled the water to areas in town that never had a history of flooding. On top of this bad planning in the outscirts fueled by back handers and corporate greed added to this whole problem.

The army built up sand bags in the arch opposite the Queens which flooded the properties inside this area. All i can say is thank God planning was refused on the Post Office field ten years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 celliman

the sixmilebridge bridge has reopened,traffic moving ok

celliman wrote: »
    the sixmilebridge bridge has reopened,traffic moving ok
    Just to pedestrians

From Clare FM
    In Sixmilebridge the Council continues to monitor the safety of the village's historic bridge which was closed to cars and pedestrians last evening.

However the bridge reopened to pedestrians this morning.

Clare County Council says the bridge has been damaged by the rising water levels in the River Garney after days of heavy flooding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭palaver

apparantly for pedestrians only:
    As the flooding crisis continues in all parts of Clare, there's a warning that further problems are expected in the coming days.

In Sixmilebridge the Council continues to monitor the safety of the village's historic bridge which was closed to cars and pedestrians last evening.

However the bridge reopened to pedestrians this morning.

Clare County Council says the bridge has been damaged by the rising water levels in the River Garney after days of heavy flooding.

Engineers have been assessing the situation over the past few days.
    http://www.clare.fm/news/sixmilebridge-bridge-re-opens-pedestrians

Clare CoCo flood information:
    http://www.clarecoco.ie/news/Latest_roads_aff_flooding.html

Some interesting aerial pics:
    http://www.clare.fm/flood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭PaddyThai

Found this on Youtube.
    Flooding around Quin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYaukyPV3XY

Advertisement