Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superstitions moving in to a new home

Options
  • 20-11-2009 11:42am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is there any superstitions when moving into a new home? I heard that its good luck to stay the first night when you get the keys and others say it’s bad luck to stay a Friday night.

Any one got any good ones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

In my wifes home town everyone moves in on a Friday its good luck, same if they buy a car they would wait to collect on a Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Never heard of any....

Not sure if it's any help, but I moved into my last house on a Saturday, which happened to be the first day I got the keys, and I still ended up with the flatmate from hell....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Looks life she'll need her sleeping bag tonight so!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Make sure its insured.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I've known people to sprinkle salt on the doorstep before moving in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've always heard that it's bad luck not to move in on a Friday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

It's bad luck to be superstitious.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Xiney wrote: »
    I've known people to sprinkle salt on the doorstep before moving in.

:o:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

They say that the dreams you have on the first night in a new house will come true...

Also, in Germany you give bread and salt to people who just moved into a new house, for good luck.

Advertisement