Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flood photos

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kei_jo

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Anyone got any photos from the floods across the country ?
    Didn't take this one, it was taken by Twistedlilkitty: http://twitpic.com/q7u4v

44035663.jpg

Holy sh**! Didn't realise it was THAT bad! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Quay Street, Carrick on Shannon

4124810857_1c295f131f_b.jpg

Carrick Rowing Club and car park

4125585430_9740dccf65_b.jpg

4125609068_263e02f948_b.jpg

Temporary access to the Park area of Carrick on Shannon

4124860843_6a46345514_b.jpg

The GAA pitch
    4125626744_cd0e45fd51_b.jpg

Frontage on Shannon - an example of why so many buildings in Carrick are flooded

4125683782_0c9ce40472_b.jpg

All my flood photos (Leitrim - Roscommon): http://www.flickr.com/photos/karlachameleon/sets/72157622843895428/

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dpoc

Carrick is carnage, Does anybody have any photos of Dromod and Rooskey??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

dpoc wrote: »
    Carrick is carnage, Does anybody have any photos of Dromod and Rooskey??
    They're both fine I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

harbour in dromod is flooded badly new bistro is wrecked, copperstill is shut due to flooding :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dpoc

Sad to hear that for Adrian and Emma, owners of Harkins Bistro (two of the nicest people you could meet). They did a fantastic job getting their place up and running. It was a great spot for grub. I wish them well in getting it back up on its feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 marmi

I have about 30 pics of Carrick on Shannon taken yesterday 22 Nov. have a look on:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/12827336@N06/sets/72157622870127442/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

marmi wrote: »
    I have about 30 pics of Carrick on Shannon taken yesterday 22 Nov. have a look on:
    Great shots :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

marmi wrote: »

Thanks for these.
    would love to see/know how it proceedes/receeds over the coming days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭chasm

going to head out to leitrim village tomorrow and do a bit of a tour of the area so i'll put up more photos tomorrow. it's meant to be pretty bad out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Hearvee

A couple of shots from a wander round Athlone last night.

4135016619_bed019221e.jpg

4135776998_91623e63e7.jpg

going to head out to leitrim village tomorrow and do a bit of a tour of the area so i'll put up more photos tomorrow. it's meant to be pretty bad out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,398 ✭✭✭✭phog

A few aerial photos from the Limerick Leader of the Shannon and surrounding areas of Limerick - looks pretty bad.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭seclachi

Has anybody photos of the Cork County Library ? The whole thing was set in a basement just opposite of the kingsley, I can only but imagine it was completely filled. It was due to be opened this Friday, there goes 25 million :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Adnerb

Just seen your pictures it is so sad whats happening to people with the floods. Due to be going down to Carrick On Shannon on Saturday to a hen party, are we mad?? We are staying in the COS hotel and they have said that there will be no problems for us? I am not sure of the name of our restaurant. Are the pubs and clubs still operation as normal, are we going to be able to get from one place to another? Are we even going to be able to get into town?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Adnerb

Just realised COS stands for Carrick On Shannon so I dont actually know what hotel we are staying in seemingly it is at the top of the town on a hill??

Doubt there will be much in the line of nightclubs. dont take my word for it but the flooding is pretty bad down around the landmark hotel where the nightclub "the swinging donkey" is. I heard they were bringing people in through the hotel to get into the nightclub so maybe they are still doing this. the other nightclub "the basement" is flooded inside as far as I know. main street hasnt been touched by floods so bars there should be ok. Havana on bridge street has a late license so thats prob the closest thing to a nightclub you will get. im heading to town now shortly so if i get any info ill let you know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

If you are in the Bush hotel you will probably be grand. I think there is flooding right up to the doors of the Landmark hotel but I dont know what the inside is like.

• Advertisement

The Bush Hotel is fine, it's car park is flooded but the hotel is grand. Murtagh's which isn't too far from the hotel has a main bar on street level, The Basement which was mentioned above is probably flooded, they were pumping out their underground car park yesterday, but they have a disco bar on an upper level above the main bar, so that's probably open, and most of the pubs that are normally hit by the hen parties are open.

The road out of Leitrim Village

The depth of the flood can be seen by the fencing on the gardens. I was knee deep in water before I got to the end of the hedge on the right. The flood is about 2 and a half feet deep in the centre. This is one of the main access routes to Leitrim village

4138839432_bfc05dc41d_b.jpg

Myself in farmer mode in the Bush Hotel Car Park

4138855094_9112646668_b.jpg

Behind the Landmark Hotel

4138107659_f6768e2c4f_b.jpg

The Swingin (Swimmin) Donkey Nightclub: I don't know if it's open, it might be closed on Health and Safety grounds.

4138115023_ef8dc732a4_b.jpg

Bring your wellies if you're coming to Carrick and plan to have a tour of the town!

4138205105_ab84e7c25d_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

^ appropriate user name! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭mckildare

steve06 wrote: »
    Saw this on another forum, it's Kinsley Hotel's underground car park. aprox 50 cars down there.

11.jpg

This is by far the most insane :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭dnme

Carnmore, Galway-Monivea road, photo taken today Saturday 28/11/09. Photo shows someone operating a kind of ferry to get local people to and fro, In the background you can just make out the roof of an abandoned car. This is my route into Galway, until it clears we are all "suffering" the train with its constantly late and terrible service not to mention it's rip-off pricing.

I took a pic of this last saturday also, and in that time the water has risen about a meter. People are wondering why? whats going on? why is this flood rising while others are draining?

PS: Dont judge me by the quality of this image, I took it on my mobile phone as my camera gone back to vendor for checking.

attachment.php?attachmentid=97500&stc=1&d=1259427961

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ginger Nut

Jeepers would not fancy living there - thats unless I was a duck!! - I'm a fellow rail traveller on the Limerick train - Per Irish Rail - the train is not late unless its more that 10 mins late!!! Last time my train was on time was August 26th 2009 - thats no lie

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭3-D Preacher

steve06 wrote: »
    Saw this on another forum, it's Kinsley Hotel's underground car park. aprox 50 cars down there.

11.jpg

My brain is having trouble processing this image...

How are they ever going to get the water out of there??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

A couple from Athlone this morning ...

4143989356_d66425d754.jpg

4143157775_9512645dbb.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭air

I already posted this over on the UL forum.
    Aerial Panorama of UL
    AerialPhoto.ie_UL_Flooding.jpg

Click the image to view an interactive flash panorama

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

I've just stuck up a few photos from Athlone this morning in and around the town centre

Click on the flickr link in my siq

Down around Seans Bar

4147291407_28914ac9bb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Merrion

4144871804_844c28632b.jpg

from just past Carrick-on-Shannon (or Carrick-in-Shannon as it is these days :-( )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kei_jo

Merrion wrote: »

4144871804_844c28632b.jpg

from just past Carrick-on-Shannon (or Carrick-in-Shannon as it is these days :-( )

I just got the Carrick-in-Shannon joke only now... FAIL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

trooney wrote: »
    I always thought cork would float?
    Haha that's funny! Well, no ovbiously not! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

My brain is having trouble processing this image...

How are they ever going to get the water out of there??
    Well I don't know either but it's gone now?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

god protect me from the zombie threads. How the hell do people find them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement