Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair extensions questionnaire

• 20-11-2009 12:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm hoping to set up a hair extensions business early next year. I'd appreciate it if people could respond to my little market-research questionnaire below, thanks :)

1> Have you had hair extensions before? If so, what method was used (e.g. glue, keratin bonds, micro ring) and how much did you pay?

2> Would you prefer to have your extensions consultation, colour matching and fitting done in your home?

3> Roughly, how much would you expect/be prepared to pay for at-home extensions (bearing in mind fitting them involves 2-4 hours of labour)?

4> Do you believe the pricing of extensions directly correlates with the quality of hair used (e.g. I believe <€200 for a half head is unlikely to be quality hair)?

5> Does the micro-ring method appeal to you? Advantages of this method are that it doesn't use glue or chemicals on your hair, and (if kept in good condition), the extensions can be re-used several times. If you're not familiar with this method, here are some photos from the girl who does my hair: http://edinburgh.gumtree.com/edinburgh/18/47966118.html

6> Have you had any bad experiences with extensions - if so, please provide detail.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

eth0_ wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm hoping to set up a hair extensions business early next year. I'd appreciate it if people could respond to my little market-research questionnaire below, thanks :)

1> Have you had hair extensions before? If so, what method was used (e.g. glue, keratin bonds, micro ring) and how much did you pay?

2> Would you prefer to have your extensions consultation, colour matching and fitting done in your home?

3> Roughly, how much would you expect/be prepared to pay for at-home extensions (bearing in mind fitting them involves 2-4 hours of labour)?

4> Do you believe the pricing of extensions directly correlates with the quality of hair used (e.g. I believe <€200 for a half head is unlikely to be quality hair)?

5> Does the micro-ring method appeal to you? Advantages of this method are that it doesn't use glue or chemicals on your hair, and (if kept in good condition), the extensions can be re-used several times. If you're not familiar with this method, here are some photos from the girl who does my hair: http://edinburgh.gumtree.com/edinburgh/18/47966118.html

6> Have you had any bad experiences with extensions - if so, please provide detail.

1. Yes, I've been wearing clip ins for about 2 years now. I spend about 80 euro on the hair and about 15 on the clips.

2. I have never had my hair done in my home as I am wary of mobile stylists but if the stylist had a great reputation I would be happy to have extensions done at home.

3. About 300 including good quality human hair.

4 I have only ever bought regular quality human hair and find it fine. After the first couple of washes they lose a lot of the silkiness because the silicone they are covered in comes off, but that just means they are easier to blend with my natural hair. I would never use synthetic extensions, which are the cheapest ones you can get.

5. Yes, because I don't like the idea of glue (or keratin/protein :rolleyes:) in my hair. Frequently, it takes acetone to get it back out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 muireann =]

Hi,

1> Glue and clips and glue was 8euro for a big bottle of black glue and 6euro for a small bottle of clear glue. clips were 25cent a clip for small ones (dont work) and 50 cent for big ones.
    2> ye that would be good if it wasnt very expensive! :P
    3> erm about 400?
    4> yep
    5>yep
    6>yes! the glue got stuck to my scalp!had glue in my hair for weeks :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

1> weave, both ways, tied in and cornrowed

2> no, i wouldn't feel comfortable with that.

3> no more then 300 if human hair and a professional trim to blend hair. basically, a hairdresser not just someone who learnt how to do extensions.

4> it should but i would never assume the high price means the quality is good, i'd need proof.

5> Does the micro-ring method appeal to you?
    yes and no. as i've had a method that required no glue and was "reuseable" i found you wouldn't really wish to reuse the hair after its been through one go. i'd assume its the same. the other reason i wouldn't be keen is i'd be skeptical about how secure the extension is.
    I would consider it as it would flow better then a weave, however.

6> My weave was very convincing and cost very little. however, i'd consider trying something with a better flow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Erica-smiley

Hi,

1. I've had glue, weave and now I use clip in as the other methods were 2 much hassle and were damaging my hair!

2. Not sure if I'd be comfortable with that.

3. €350, depending on the quality of the fitting and the quality of the hair aswell.

4. Yes it should do but it should also depend on how well they're fitted and the quality of the service.

5. I wouldnt mind trying that if it doesnt damage my hair!

6. Yes, the weave was too tight in my hair and had to get it taken out, and the glue was just an all round nightmare tbh!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Worn various human hair clip ins for the past two years. Prices ranged from about 50 - 180 euro for a full head. (Tried various brands)

I'd prefer in a salon, unless my current hairdresser (who usually does my hair at home) decided to start selling extensions.

I wouldn't consider having any extensions, bar clip-ins in my hair, following research I've undertaken.

Not always. Sometimes, you're paying more so for the brand and brand's reputation than for the quality of hair.

5> Does the micro-ring method appeal to you? Advantages of this method are that it doesn't use glue or chemicals on your hair, and (if kept in good condition), the extensions can be re-used several times.

No, because they aren't clipped in. I'm using extensions purely as a temporary method while my hair grows.

Not particularly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement