Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever apply for a 6month B2 USA tourist visa

Options
  • 20-11-2009 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Anyone ever apply for a 6month B2 USA visa

My girlfirend is moving to the states with work and was considering traveling over there for more than 3 months and didn't want to have to fly home after 90 days

I have alot of money saved in my current account so proving abiltiy to live there should be fine

So anyone any experience of the process is it diffucult or no problem

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

A friend of mine's mother applied, as she (my friend) was about to have a baby and wanted mom to come over and see the baby/ babysit while my friend went back to work. She got the tourist visa no problem, and even a 3 months extension once the mom was here so mom stayed 9 months in total, until baby was ready for daycare.

It is important to show you have the funds to for your own upkeep, and also ties to Ireland which will make you come back (such as close family, a job to come back to, property, a college course to start etc); in my friend's mom's case, her husband stayed in Ireland and just went to visit on the VWP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭partypiper

any idea how long the application took for your mom?

Anyone else any experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

It wasn't my mom, it was my friend's mom. I believe she sent in the paperwork and got a vsa interview about a month later.

Advertisement